22Oct-6Nov: Sichuan Daocheng Yading

AuthmnChoice

Apr 15, 2009
Singapore
Hi, all,

Dunno if it is too late to get people for this trip.
Place: Sichuan/ Daocheng Yading
Date: 15 Oct - 30 Oct (covering Deepavali)
Mode: combination of bus and car / van with driver.
Cost: depends on the days of car rental. Typically road trip + accomodation + food not more than S$1000.

Looking to get 3 pple (car) at least.

Pls pm me if interested.

Last edited:
I am planning for an autumn trip, too. But my highlight will be Xinduqiao. Will get 6 pax to rent a MPV depart from Chengdu.

FYI - I am indeed flying to Sichuan saturday, and was trying to arrange a trip to Daocheng Yading. Tour agent told me lately they are restrictions imposed to all foreigner.
No agent would want to take me into their group tour. I may take my risk to rent a car there, but if get caught by police stop, i would be very likely to revert.

You may to reaffirm the status again when you travel in Oct.

According to my source, they said it is likely to be lifted in late July. AutumnChoice, if U still have space, please include me. I am currently in Chengdu n leaving for Beijing in a few hours time.

According to my source, they said it is likely to be lifted in late July. AutumnChoice, if U still have space, please include me. I am currently in Chengdu n leaving for Beijing in a few hours time.

Hi, Tony, I have sent you my itinerary. Due to few people joining, I have changed the transport to a combination of bus and car. I think it is better this way to save cost and also, if we like a certain place, we can stay longer. The travelling may be rather hard on first day to 丹巴, and certain part of the journey if we cannot get other travellers to share car.

Thank AuthmnChoice. Working out my plan as I would likely to be in Europe in Sept. Will let U know once I have confirmed my plan and hopeful U still have a space for me.

I wish I can join you. I can't be away for that long.

Btw, my friend just return from Qinghai. He told me still no access to some of the areas in Sichuan. However, my friend from tour agency told me it should be cleared by then.