22nd Oct : JB Day Trip - Jalan/Makan/Shot Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
A good turn up / fun outing / PM enquiries about the places that we covered / few others regret could not make up on last Saturday , motivate me to give another shot of run. I would like to hold 2nd JB day trip for CS members to come over to visit JB . Are you ready for a 12hour photo-marathon ?

Given this is the 2nd time I organize the outing, I would like to share my thoughts, and open my invitation to likeminded member ;

Objective
i) to meet new friends
ii) to introduce SG based member to come over to JB to explore street shooting opportunities, and to eat
iii)to cultivate the “sharing” among CS community

What the outing would expect from you
i) To share your ideas/experience
- Oldbird could guide newbird, I believe everyone could also learn from each other whether old or newbird

ii) To attend the photo sharing session in SG
- To share the pictures, workflow, way of composition, shooting style. Review / suggestions / opinions should be welcomed

iii) To contribute to community
- You learn about this outing on forum, and you should share some pictures with others on the forum

iv) To give back to locals
- To print out a few pictures of the people that you shot. I would personally distribute these pictures to them as possible.
- As a small token of appreciation to the locals that we came across, it also opens the door for the similar outing in future. Those who attend the next outing would find it truly helpful

When:
Actual Outing : Oct 22, 2011 (Saturday), Johor Bahru
Photo sharing session : Nov 2, 2011 (Wednesday) , Singapore

Meet up point :
Oct 22 : 8am Larkin Bus station
Nov 2 : 7pm around Central area (TBD)

Cost :
Share basic but I would say minimum RM30
Based on last outings, around RM30 ~ RM50 to cover breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, dinner and taxi back to JB Immigration

Repeat Kaki could join ?
Yes and welcomed. But priority would always given to 1st timer.

Itinerary :
Mainly JB town area. We could go further if there are enough volunteers who drive, to give everyone a lift.
So to speak, the itinerary is only firm on that day. Very much pending on weather as most of the places are outdoor.
You may refer to the previous outing on 24th Sep

Food :
The famous roti, Hua Mei Restaurant chicken chop, and various type of local food if we have a chance to visit pasar malam

( tentatively stop at 8)

Waiting List1.

If you are driving on that day, please sign up here and state no. of the passenger you could take ;
1. wong_se / 3 passenger

Last edited:
wong_se said:
A good turn up / fun outing / PM enquiries about the places that we covered / few others regret could not make up on last Saturday , motivate me to give another shot of run. I would like to hold 2nd JB day trip for CS members to come over to visit JB . Are you ready for a 12hour photo-marathon ?

Given this is the 2nd time I organize the outing, I would like to share my thoughts, and open my invitation to likeminded member ;

Objective
i) to meet new friends
ii) to introduce SG based member to come over to JB to explore street shooting opportunities, and to eat

- Oldbird could guide newbird, I believe everyone could also learn from each other whether old or newbird

- To share the pictures, workflow, way of composition, shooting style. Review / suggestions / opinions should be welcomed

- You learn about this outing on forum, and you should share some pictures with others on the forum

- To print out a few pictures of the people that you shot. I would personally distribute these pictures to them as possible.
- As a small token of appreciation to the locals that we came across, it also opens the door for the similar outing in future. Those who attend the next outing would find it truly helpful

When:

Meet up point :

Cost :
Based on last outings, around RM30 ~ RM50 to cover breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, dinner and taxi back to JB Immigration

Repentance could join ?

Itinerary :
Mainly JB town area. We could go further if there are enough volunteers who drive, to give everyone a lift.
So to speak, the itinerary is only firm on that day. Very much pending on weather as most of the places are outdoor.

Food :
The famous roti, Hua Mei Restaurant chicken chop, and various type of local food if we have a chance to visit pasar malam

1. tranvui
2. tranvui's friend (ok?)
( tentatively stop at 8)

Waiting List

If you are driving on that day, please sign up here and state no. of the passenger you could take ;
1. wong_se / 3 passenger

Objective
i) to meet new friends

When:

Meet up point :

Cost :

Repentance could join ?

Itinerary :

Food :

1. tranvui
3. zelot
( tentatively stop at 8)

Waiting List

1. wong_se / 3 passenger

1. tranvui

I dun mind chop seat. Show me your "tissue paper"
Is your friend a photographer him/herself ? If he/she a CS member , why not he/she register him/herself here ?
If he/she not a registered CS member, how he/she could help this outing by ;

Love to join but Im sailing to tioman for 3 weeks .. in oct .. but helped someone to signup ..

1. tranvui
3. zelot
4. Goldenstar08
( tentatively stop at 8)

Waiting List

1. wong_se / 3 passenger

1. tranvui
3. zelot
4. Goldenstar08
5. jungle_sg
( tentatively stop at 8)

Waiting List

1. wong_se / 3 passenger

If you don't mind me making a small correction. A person who wants to repeat the outing is called a "repeat" and not a "repentance". Repentance comes when he or she did something wrong (during the trip ?) and seeks forgiveness. I am sure this is not the case with your excellent work.

Very good of you to organise again.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me making a small correction. A person who wants to repeat the outing is called a "repeat" and not a "repentance". Repentance comes when he or she did something wrong (during the trip ?) and seeks forgiveness. I am sure this is not the case with your excellent work.

Very good of you to organise again.

noted. thanks for the english correction, will avoid this "repentance"
I do mean repetitive attendance.

wong_se said:
I dun mind chop seat. Show me your "tissue paper"
Is your friend a photographer him/herself ? If he/she a CS member , why not he/she register him/herself here ?
If he/she not a registered CS member, how he/she could help this outing by ;

Hi wong_se

I can see where you are coming from :)

Yup! We are willing to share our pictures.

"tranvui's friend", in actual formal term is my fiancé, who is close enough for me to post his pictures here.

Both of us are no photographer in name but we love pictures. We are also in the quest to improve.

Here's my small cent of thought.
If we can stretch the area of contribution wider, my fiancé draws and this would be a valuable opportunity to embark on drawings and paintings on JB (for his friends too). When usually the attention is more on Malacca and Penang. In my little opinion, both photographs and drawings have the "speak a story" element. And personally, I always enjoy the depiction he translates from photos to drawings.

Please excuse me as I might have crossed the line if contribution is solely pertaining to sharing photos here.

We would really like to participate in this outing and learn about photography, about JB. However, do feel free to say no as you deem fit :)

Thank you :)

Yup! We are willing to share our pictures.

"tranvui's friend", in actual formal term is my fiancé, who is close enough for me to post his pictures here.

Both of us are no photographer in name but we love pictures. We are also in the quest to improve.

My idea is "sharing". Sharing ideas on photography and sharing pictures in CS community.

Agree with you that contribution could be any form, not solely restricted to sharing photos on this forum. Similarly, visiting JB can be on your own, not restricted to this outing which I am trying to cater for the community here.

hi wong_se

I will not be going for this meet up but just a suggestion that it will be better to meet at city square (just beside the custom building) rather than going to larkin. Cos most Singaporeans are very familar with city square and more likely to get there by 8am. City Square Mac Donald is a very good meet up place and from here it is just about a 5 mins walk to Hwa Mui or the Indian temple.

hi wong_se

I will not be going for this meet up but just a suggestion that it will be better to meet at city square (just beside the custom building) rather than going to larkin. Cos most Singaporeans are very familar with city square and more likely to get there by 8am. City Square Mac Donald is a very good meet up place and from here it is just about a 5 mins walk to Hwa Mui or the Indian temple.

point taken. you are right, guess that might be a better meet up point if we dun intend and have no transport to drive out from that area.

Hi wong_se

We were excited to bknow Jb through an insider :)

Ok, I have updated the list.

1. zelot
2. Goldenstar08
3. jungle_sg
( tentatively stop at 8)

Waiting List

1. wong_se / 3 passenger

Hi wong_se

Ok, I have updated the list.

1. zelot
2. Goldenstar08
3. jungle_sg
( tentatively stop at 8)

Waiting List

1. wong_se / 3 passenger

Status
Not open for further replies.