2100 with teleconverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
what thread size? I've tried the 37mm threaded Kenko 2.0x teleconverter and it's actually only 1.3x

Originally posted by mpenza
what thread size? I've tried the 37mm threaded Kenko 2.0x teleconverter and it's actually only 1.3x

49mm. Vignetting till about halfway down.

Why is ur 2.0 only giving u 1.3??

On an Oly 2100UZ, a 2.0 tele would give u 760mm optical zoom. And with the 2.7x digital zoom(which i don't bother with) this will stretch to 2052mm.

you can measure the length of a subject with the teleconverter on and the length of the same subject with the teleconverter off. divide the 2nd by the first to get the zoom factor.

I tried my Uzi with an Olympus BC-510 3.2X teleconverter. Got some vignetting at full optical.

Picture taken with it can be viewed at www.pbase.com/galaa under BC510 folder

Originally posted by Galaa
I tried my Uzi with an Olympus BC-510 3.2X teleconverter. Got some vignetting at full optical.

Picture taken with it can be viewed at www.pbase.com/galaa under BC510 folder

Galaa, think u better explain what the BC-510 is all abt b4 some poor souls go around asking for them in shops. ;)

Originally posted by Jayan

Galaa, think u better explain what the BC-510 is all abt b4 some poor souls go around asking for them in shops. ;)

:p
the "BC 510" is actually a combination of 2 very popular C2100uz Lens, the C210 and B300(both from Oylmpus).
C210(1.9x zoom)+B300(1.7x zoom)=BC510(3.2x zoom)

Actually its way overpowered...until now I still havent really used them together in actually photo taking. I usually only used B300 if I needed long range shooting(B300 doesnt have vignetting, so I prefered it over C210).
Think BC510 is only needed if Ur going to take photos in jungle...

May I know where could I get BC510? and how much is it?

Thanks

Originally posted by siewsphone
May I know where could I get BC510? and how much is it?
Read Galaa's post more carefully. There is no such thing as a "BC-510". :D

"the "BC 510" is actually a combination of 2 very popular C2100uz Lens, the C210 and B300(both from Oylmpus).
C210(1.9x zoom)+B300(1.7x zoom)=BC510(3.2x zoom)
"

I see I see :p

How about C210+C210 ??? anyone try before?

I would be happy even with one B300 as my camera it will look bigger .. :eek: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :eek:

wah the 510 vignetting is very obvious... like using the 10% in the middle of the oriignal lens liao...

going to try B-720? LOL

In case anyone here hasn't seen this, do check out this visual reference from DPReview on the amount of vignetting to expect with various popular teleconverter combinations on the Oly C-2100UZ/E-100RS.

How abt the Fujifilm TL-FX9 1.5x TC???? Anyone using it??? U know how much??? :)

The point is that for the C2100 only the B300 works best , i am looking for one right now in the Greek market ,i will have some news in few days .
I am looking also for one TIFFEN wide angle Megaplus 0.75X .
As this one ,it does also great work , even if it has 44mm thread

hi guys...

MIA for so long... hahhaha

anyway, any idea if the B300 is still available in SG? have been searching high and low but no success....

Status
Not open for further replies.