20mm vs 24mm

kelstorm75

May 11, 2004
Hi,

i'm thinking of getting a WA lens but am caught in between these 2 lens. Any advise from users?

If you can't be more specific about your question, we are just as "caught up" as you are. At the very least, tell us what you intend to photograph.....

If you can't be more specific about your question, we are just as "caught up" as you are. At the very least, tell us what you intend to photograph.....

hahaa.. my apologies. using on D90. planning to shoot landscape and group shots.

for a DX body, 20mm is not wide enough for most landscape

and for group photo, I try not to use wide angle.

why don't consider Tamron 17-50 f2.8 instead?

hahaa.. my apologies. using on D90. planning to shoot landscape and group shots.

the 20 & 24 not very wide leh...

the wide end of a standard zoom will be even better...

also if using WA for people shots, using it for group shots will leave ur people at the side looking weird...

If you are really into a WA for APSC, you will want a 10mm. 20mm on a D90 is not wide enough.

I'm sure which WA is good in Nikon, but I'll suggest the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 anyway. Brilliant piece of glass :)

the 20 & 24 not very wide leh...

the wide end of a standard zoom will be even better...

also if using WA for people shots, using it for group shots will leave ur people at the side looking weird...

hmm.. tks.. i never tot abt this issue... tks for bringing it to my attention

If you are really into a WA for APSC, you will want a 10mm. 20mm on a D90 is not wide enough.

hmmm... worth taking an exploration.. will find out more again... tks mate

I'm sure which WA is good in Nikon, but I'll suggest the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 anyway. Brilliant piece of glass :)

i'll tried that and i do agree that its brilliant.. but, i'm looking for a small prime lens thus the above mentioned choices. Apparently they not gonna work.. whaahha:bsmilie: ok.. might look for other alternatives then..

tks mate

Hi, 8-16mm (12-24mm) for DX body is good enough for landscape. It is 122 degree wide. On a 3D sweep panorama body, it is even wider than on DX body as this stitches the exposures taken by the camera.

When i was using the D80, i had a little bit more love for the 20mm than the 24mm. But individual preference may vary. If u wanted something much wider, i suggest u choose a wide angle zoom, many options optimised for crop sensor cameras.

ryan

tks guys..

i veering towards 10-24 instead. i figure that wld be able to cover my WA on my D90.