20fps in 1080p or 30fps in 720p

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
Would you rather use 20fps in 1080p or 30fps in 720p for daily videos? (basic moving eg.running talking etc.)

30fps.

Relative to that, 20fps will be jerkier/less smooth. You can of course experiment with both and let us know how you feel. Note that traditional cinema films are at 24fps already. I think running at any lower frame rate just won't do. That's why for the 1st and 2nd gen DSLRs that do HD movie, you shouldn't just look at their line resolution, but also look at their frame rate.

depends where the video will end up...for online streaming, 30fps@720p is pretty good already.

just to save on the time uploading and time it takes for friends to view, 720p for me

try uploading a 200-300mb HD file on facebook..... it takes forever

on limited experience, 720p works almost as well as 1080p giving consideration to how many people will actually view your video on at least 42" full HD any lower than that and 720p shoud do the trick.

also 20fps is the craps (i do animated renderings so on this regards i have quite some experience, go for 24 at least for a more cinematic experience). there is no point going HD ,1080p at that, if you cannot get the fluid movements.

running and talking are indeed basic movements, but a of very different kind. talking might pass on 20 fps but running on 20 fps and it might just seem all like a blur or skippy.

just my 2 cents

Can you see the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 14.1 inch computer?

Time to upgrade - your camera and your computer.
720p can have lots of aliasing artifacts and 1080p is jerky on 500D.
I don't think the 14.1" screen can show full HD.

I'm using a 22" monitor and i could hardly notice any difference between 720p and 1080p movie.. I might notice some differences if someone told me beforehand that i'm gonna watch same scene on different resolutions otherwise.. it's a no no for me.. on 14".. hmm i really doubt it if someone could actually boast they could notice the difference

:embrass:

As for me i'd rather watch a fluid scene on lower resolution than stuttered scene on high resolution.. Anyway 720p is more than just good already.. for me

;p

This may differ if your screen is a HD screen or not and your screen is 14.1 inch?!?:sweat: that must be a dam old screen and most probably not 1080p HD or maybe it is 720p HD? then you wont notice a difference

30fps / 720p, definitely.

For 20fps/1080p, not only as the others mentioned jerkiness, it also eats up your memory card like no tomorrow.

Shoot at 30fps, then fix it down to 24fps on PC if you so require.

This may differ if your screen is a HD screen or not and your screen is 14.1 inch?!?:sweat: that must be a dam old screen and most probably not 1080p HD or maybe it is 720p HD? then you wont notice a difference

My screen (sry) is 720p