20D is coming to town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks exactly like the 10D. Of course there are improvements in the features.

Woowww.....looks solid....better start saving. Any price indication ?

scroll down the link & u will see other goodies from canon as well. :)

some new lenses & a G6. :bsmilie:

anyone ready to jump the wagon?

A bit of re-styling of the body and layout, but otherwise looks almost identical to 10D. The on/off switch is coupled with the control wheel? Where is the real on/off switch then?Wonder what the "joystick" above the control wheel does?

Too bad the new lens are EF-S mount though. :( 300D owners have a resaon not to ditch their cameras yet lol. (no offence to 300D owners). I agree with the page author that this is a marketing tactic by canon to force D30/D60/10D owners to want to upgrade to the new body in order to utilize these new EF-S mount lens.

Specs specs...we want specs! :complain: Gotta wait for official announcement from Canon lor. Should be anytime soon now.

HI guys

understandably when/if Canon comes up with the EFS IS lens their ultimate aim is customer loyalty. Bottom line is still business and they want repeat business. Same principle goes for other industries.

I see this as a direct competition with D70.

Ultimately competition is good for consumers/buyers like us. For canon users, Rejoice. For Nikonians out there - look forward to the Good News from the Nikon Creator. :D

Cheers

betazone said:
Woowww.....looks solid....better start saving. Any price indication ?

EOS-20D
8.2 MegaPixels
DIGIC II
1:1.6x Crop
9 Point focusing
1/8000s Max Shutter speed
5fps Continuous speed
25 frame buffer
EF-s support
E-TTL II support
0.2sec startup time
50g lighter than 10D

Price US$1600 RRP

Looks like it'll be around the current price of the 10D. Looks quite affordable.

Yes! Finally, a real camera!

Garion said:
A bit of re-styling of the body and layout, but otherwise looks almost identical to 10D. The on/off switch is coupled with the control wheel? Where is the real on/off switch then?Wonder what the "joystick" above the control wheel does?

Too bad the new lens are EF-S mount though. :( 300D owners have a resaon not to ditch their cameras yet lol. (no offence to 300D owners). I agree with the page author that this is a marketing tactic by canon to force D30/D60/10D owners to want to upgrade to the new body in order to utilize these new EF-S mount lens.

Specs specs...we want specs! :complain: Gotta wait for official announcement from Canon lor. Should be anytime soon now.

Indeed, bro...these are amazingly good range lenses...
Our dreams came true! But in the form of EF-S..:cry:
Must ditch 10D to make use of it...or get 300D instead...:p

Sell 17-40 F4L & get 10-22 + 17-85? :D

What? Not long after the S60 came out now there's gonna be an S70?!! Wow, digital tech is a mind-boggling industry!

The 10-22mm looks tempting... Finally a 16mm wide angle on a DSLR. Cool man. But it's a non-L lens. Would 'seasoned' L lens users sacrifice their L wide angle zoom (eg 16-35mm) usage over a cheaper (and I assume lower quality) consumer kit lens?

nicholaslee said:
EF-s 10-22mm /f 3.5-4.5
EF-s 17-85mm /f 4-5.6 IS

Wonder how much will those lens cost..

:bigeyes: :lovegrin: :rolleyes:

The 10/20 is very nice. 17/85 not bad too. But why not 2.8?

AdamGoi said:
Well if it's 2.8, I'll wonder how many of us can afford it ... :think:

if it's 2.8, then the L lens cannot sell liao :p Canon will lose $$$

kiwi2 said:
What? Not long after the S60 came out now there's gonna be an S70?!! Wow, digital tech is a mind-boggling industry!

The 10-22mm looks tempting... Finally a 16mm wide angle on a DSLR. Cool man. But it's a non-L lens. Would 'seasoned' L lens users sacrifice their L wide angle zoom (eg 16-35mm) usage over a cheaper (and I assume lower quality) consumer kit lens?

Well, if u need the extra range, why not? i rather get a lower quality shot then getting no shots at all...;)
This is a good alternative from Sigma's 12-24mm, beautifully build also...:D

henavs said:
Well, if u need the extra range, why not? i rather get a lower quality shot then getting no shots at all...;)
This is a good alternative from Sigma's 12-24mm, beautifully build also...:D

Quite true... Pretty sian of the 1.6x FLM from the D30 - 10D to get wide angle shots.

But not sure if 8MP will magnify the flaws of the cheaper lens... Once adddicted to L quality hard to 'downgrade'.. :D

I know it's a marketing strategy but i wonder how many D70 users would be kicking themselves about the release of this cam? same for how many 300D users were kicking themselves for the D70? (I'm talking about virgin DSLR not old birds with a built up of lenses already:)) I just feel that we're at the mercy of these companies....

is it for real???

canon have not announced yet right....

Status
Not open for further replies.