Status
Not open for further replies.

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
3,068
0
0
52
#3
The eyes of the cat is 'almost' dead. Adding a hint of flash will enhance its specular highlights.
 

veyron

New Member
May 7, 2006
1,009
0
0
#4
Picture seems to be very noisy. Especially colour noise is very evident.
 

Uvlux

New Member
Mar 30, 2003
87
0
0
41
Asia
iconfury.com
#5
-- Cat is nice animal .. and offen easier to shot ( photo of them ) then Dog ..

my comment .

hm.... the cat and the background kinda mix together .. cos of the Cat color .. and the lighting is kinda lack ... sometime as photographer we are abit .. SAFE .. meaning.. we try not to Intrude The subject we are taking .. This insecure style which alot of photographer have in return damage thie great work . ..

When i was about 12 someone once told me. " To be able to cross into the world of your subject - then you can turely capture their moment "

All photography is a simple art of understanding . the ratio and balance of Light and time over the emotional aspect of the subject you are about to capture .

Here is a attach photo of a Cat photo i took using a digital cam come time ago .. hope you like it too ..



osix uvlux
 

dingying

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
178
0
0
singapore
#6
aaron80 said:
It looks abit underexposed? But I like the expression of the cat, looks "wise"..
yes it was really underexposed. it was dark and i took it without flash cause i like the eyes like that.
thank you for your comment :)
 

dingying

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
178
0
0
singapore
#7
photobum said:
The eyes of the cat is 'almost' dead. Adding a hint of flash will enhance its specular highlights.
i like the eyes like that leh! :sweatsm:
 

dingying

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
178
0
0
singapore
#8
veyron said:
Picture seems to be very noisy. Especially colour noise is very evident.
yup noisy cause it was underexposed and i edited it by adjusting curves and levels.
am learning how to adjust lighting. thank you for your comment. :)
 

dingying

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
178
0
0
singapore
#9
Uvlux said:
-- Cat is nice animal .. and offen easier to shot ( photo of them ) then Dog ..

my comment .

hm.... the cat and the background kinda mix together .. cos of the Cat color .. and the lighting is kinda lack ... sometime as photographer we are abit .. SAFE .. meaning.. we try not to Intrude The subject we are taking .. This insecure style which alot of photographer have in return damage thie great work . ..

When i was about 12 someone once told me. " To be able to cross into the world of your subject - then you can turely capture their moment "

All photography is a simple art of understanding . the ratio and balance of Light and time over the emotional aspect of the subject you are about to capture .

Here is a attach photo of a Cat photo i took using a digital cam come time ago .. hope you like it too ..



osix uvlux
good one. i can see you in the eye of the cat thou. :)
 

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
3,068
0
0
52
#10
dingying said:
i like the eyes like that leh! :sweatsm:
You like the cat dead? Because it does look dead with those eyes.

Go take a look at real cat photos taken by pet photographers. You'll know what I meant. No point for me to explain here.
 

veyron

New Member
May 7, 2006
1,009
0
0
#11
photobum said:
You like the cat dead? Because it does look dead with those eyes.

Go take a look at real cat photos taken by pet photographers. You'll know what I meant. No point for me to explain here.
Not that bad la. People still learning mah. Of course the picture still has lots of room for improvement. Yes, go have a look at other kitty pics and then practice more on your own. I'm sure there will be improvement once you start practicing more.:)
Here's some links that you may want to have a look:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timberwolf
http://www.fotolia.com/search.php?p=71528&ca=4001001&cca=10025025&idp=659044&s=1
http://www.dreamstime.com/Timberwolfqx_portfolio_pg1
 

dingying

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
178
0
0
singapore
#12
veyron said:
Not that bad la. People still learning mah. Of course the picture still has lots of room for improvement. Yes, go have a look at other kitty pics and then practice more on your own. I'm sure there will be improvement once you start practicing more.:)
Here's some links that you may want to have a look:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timberwolf
http://www.fotolia.com/search.php?p=71528&ca=4001001&cca=10025025&idp=659044&s=1
http://www.dreamstime.com/Timberwolfqx_portfolio_pg1
thank you veyron. i like polite ppl like you. :)
 

veyron

New Member
May 7, 2006
1,009
0
0
#13
Ha thanks for the flattering comment. I'm just giving my personal opinion thats all.
Hope you enjoy the photos from the links.
 

raptor84

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,726
1
38
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
#14
I think in order to make noise work for you, B/W might be a good option but with the eyes so dark I do not think the contrast would flatter the animal. I kinda feel that the blown highlights on the paws do distract a little but under the difficult conditions it would be ok. You cna try burning back the highlights in PS to rescue some detail.

For most animal as in human portraits esp close up ones like that the eyes are really the focal point of the pic and convey the most amount of information. It helps if you know the personality of the animal and know in your head what kind of shot you want. Being able to read body lnaguage and anticipate thier movemnets would also help you capture that decisive momemnt.

Hope this helps somewhat.
 

dingying

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
178
0
0
singapore
#15
raptor84 said:
I think in order to make noise work for you, B/W might be a good option but with the eyes so dark I do not think the contrast would flatter the animal. I kinda feel that the blown highlights on the paws do distract a little but under the difficult conditions it would be ok. You cna try burning back the highlights in PS to rescue some detail.

For most animal as in human portraits esp close up ones like that the eyes are really the focal point of the pic and convey the most amount of information. It helps if you know the personality of the animal and know in your head what kind of shot you want. Being able to read body lnaguage and anticipate thier movemnets would also help you capture that decisive momemnt.

Hope this helps somewhat.
:thumbsup: thank you
 

Apr 28, 2006
198
0
0
#16
Cropping is a little tight, and image noisy, but the overall curious expression of the cat is still well captured.
 

espion

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2005
1,524
0
0
#17
more focus on the eyes ... underexposure and noise can all be corrected and treated in post imaging processing, but the focus and the moment, once missed will hard to recapture again.

This is my cat. :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom