2012 cambodia trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecurbw

Jan 27, 2011
Hey all, thinking of organising a trip to Cambodia Siam Reap area for photography trip including Angkor Wat next year 2012. Anyone interested? And anyone with experience or knows good local guide there? Thanks!

I am interested but didn't do any traveling without tour before . So is a noob traveller.

Thinking of going first half of 2012. Wonder if anyone interested. But I will need to ask around for good local guide. Expect a 4 days 3 nights trip.

I'm interested. Let's find a guide and do lots of sunset and shoots near temples and ruins...

I'm interested to join... was planning to join 1 trip organised by some other ppl here in Sept, but i can't make it in the end due to work... =(

Hi all. Thanks for the interest. I was also one of those interested in the Sept trip, but had to pull out due to work-related issue. One of our CS members who had gone in Sept has given me the details of his guide- professional and good. I will get more details and post on this thread when I'm free. This week I'm packed as I am going to KL weekend. Will follow up and do research next week.

By the way which month are you guys looking at to go Siem Reap?

Anyone interested to go uk from 10-19 jan, will be backpacking as well as whiskey in one hand .. camera in the other kind of travelling =) i also got the ticket so anyone interested can come with me

Uk? Eh that is not part of this thread.

Back from your KL trip?
When are u going to start researching for this trip? Lol

Anyone interested to go uk from 10-19 jan, will be backpacking as well as whiskey in one hand .. camera in the other kind of travelling =) i also got the ticket so anyone interested can come with me

Start a new thread if you're organizing an outing,not nice to gatecrash others thread...

Hey all, thinking of organising a trip to Cambodia Siam Reap area for photography trip including Angkor Wat next year 2012. Anyone interested? And anyone with experience or knows good local guide there? Thanks!

I just did a oct trip. You need to decide how many days. I didnt use a guide but just get a tuk tuk driver who can speak some simple english. Some others hire a car with driver and get a guide who can tell you more history...etc

I was planning to do a trip there in 2012 too, would be good to go in a group of like minded folks. It will also help to keep the cost down and there is always safety in numbers. Best of all can get to learn from seniors. Please do keep me in the loop if a trip is planned.

I hv already purchased my tickets to Siam Reap and will be there from 10 to 15 July. Intending to stay in this place. I intend to just make reservations n take their local tour..You may want to have a look .

The Villa Siem Reap Tours

Regards
Tina

I am also interested in visiting cambodia. Hope I can join you guy when the actual departing date is set.

Hi all. Back from KL on Sunday but knackered from trip. I will do some research tonight.. Cheers!

Hi all,

Shahrie (fellow CS member) went to Siem Reap in September this year and has kindly recommended a tour guide. Sowanna to me. The guide has a website:
Cambodian Guide.

For those interested, you can view the site. I have emailed him on a 4 day 3 night trip plan and will wait for his recommendation. Basically I will be looking at travelling between Feb-June 2012 with the following agenda:
- Photography at Angkor Wat and other temples (Full day pass USD20 per person, 2-3 day pass USD40 per person)
- Sunrise and/or Sunset photography
- Maybe hiring models (local people, including monks) for potraiture shots. Shahrie has said this is not expensive. Please note we are not hiring supermodels/girls with bikinis, etc.
- Maybe going to a shooting range (optional and only for adults). For people who would like to handle weapons.
- Travel around the City for some street photography and some shopping
- A couple of drinks at night (though I do not drink much. My threshold is 2 mugs of beer!)
- Some night photography perhaps
- If we have time- we can visit floating villages or land villages and take photos of farmers, cows, etc.

tinalee88 has also furnished website The Villa Siem Reap Tours which you guys can check. But since this is a photography trip, maybe a customised tour by experienced tour guide would be better.

As much as possible, i will try to cap the total trip cost (including air ticket) to less than $1,000. I will work out a rough budget on the costs. Preferably 4-8 person to go.

Please let me know if anyone is interested, and preference on date

Thanks all!

P.s: This is my first time organising such trips so please forgive me if I miss out anything.

Hi all,

Just noted Jetstar Asia tickets are around $300- $311 (including 20kg check in luggage, excluding credit card charges).
Travel from Singapore to Siem Reap is 2 hrs 10 min but from Siem Reap back to Singapore is 3 hrs 20 min with a stop-over at Phnom Penh.

From Singapore: 2.50pm flight. Reach 4pm Cambodia time (Should be one hour behind us)
From Siem Reap: 4.45pm flight (Cambodia time). Reach Singapore 9.05pm.

Would propose to travel from Thursday- Sunday. Noted Jetstar do not fly everyday so there is no Friday and Monday flights

Basically Thursday would be checking in hotel. have dinner and do some city touring and photography.
Basically we will have Friday and Saturday to visit the temples and do sunrise/sunsets, visit other places, etc
Sunday we would be flying off at 4.45pm so more of last minute shopping

I will check with the tour guide on this.

If anyone has better suggestion on airlines, etc- please let me know.

Hi, Suwonna has replied and he mentioned tour bookings from Dec-feb 2012 are full. So we can go between March and June 2012. He said he need to confirm total number of people going and exact dates of arrival and departure so that he can help plan the trip.

Let's see if anyone can commit on a month n date. Cheers

Shahrie (fellow CS member) went to Siem Reap in September this year and has kindly recommended a tour guide. Sowanna to me. The guide has a website:
Cambodian Guide.

Hi,

I also joined the same trip with Sharie, the tour guide is very friendly and very accommodative. It seems he is familiar when the right time to visit the temple for photo shot.

if you like to visit tonle sap lake, please do prepare small money or sweets as there is quite number of kids begging "1 dollar"

Status
Not open for further replies.