2011 MAY RSAF Open House, Paya Lebar Airbase, Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
The RSAF Open House 2011 will be held at Paya Lebar Air Base (PLAB) this year and is open to the public from 28 to 29 May 2011 (9.30 am to 7 pm on 28 May; 8.30 am to 7 pm on 29 May).

Look forward to the latest hardware of our 3rd Generation RSAF, including the F-15SG fighter aircraft and S-70B Naval Helicopter, and meet the people behind these formidable machines.

Don't miss our exciting line-up of aerial performances, aircraft rides and carnival games for your entire family.

Exclusive prizes and souvenirs await. So head down to the RSAF Open House 2011 this May.

RSAF Open House 2011

Public days.
280511 (Sat) - 0930 - 1900 hrs
290511 (Sun) - 0830 - 1900 hrs

Getting to Paya Lebar Airbase (PLAB).
Many options are available regardless where you are travelling from. You will just need to select one of the following options which is the most convenient for you.

Via MRT
Free shuttle bus services available at the following MRT stations:

RSAF OH2011 Free shuttle bus timing.
280511(Sat) 0830 - 1930 hours.
290511(Sun) 0800 - 1930 hours.

- Hougang MRT Station -> Hougang SBS Transit Bus Interchange

From North-East line, alight at Hougang MRT Station. Take the free shuttle service available at Hougang SBS Transit Bus Interchange.

- Eunos MRT Station -> Eunos SBS Transit Bus Interchange.

From East-West line, alight at Eunos MRT Station. Take the free shuttle service available at Eunos SBS Transit Bus Interchange.

Via Public Bus
Hop onto Bus Service (SBS) 90 (Toa Payoh SBS Transit Bus Interchange) or 94 (Eunos SBS Transit Bus Interchange) and alight at the designated bus stop opposite Air Force Museum. (Please note that Bus Service (SBS) 94 is not available on Sunday)

Via Taxi
Alight at designated drop-off point along airport road.

gettingthere.jpg

SECURITY ADVISORY
For the safety of all visitors, security checks will be conducted at the entrance to Open House 2011. In order to facilitate entry into the event, please observe the following security advisory:

- Not to carry any sharp objects such as knives, paper cutters, etc.
- Cameras are allowed, but please note that telephoto lenses that are 500mm and beyond are prohibited.

Official website of RSAF Open House 2011:

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsafopenhouse/

image.img.png

Last edited:
Can bring camera right?

iirc, past shows they don't allow lens longer than 500mm.

:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing the info,my friend. Looking forward! :)

No worries about the info.

Now we wait for the official RSAF Open House 2011 website for lens restrictions.

Cheers.

Do explain limited? I don't want to carry all the heavy gears only to be turned back... :bsmilie:

What's the limit? I have a 70-200... and 2x TC...

70-200mm sure be no problem. :)

So 1 person bring 300mm f2.8 and the other one person bring 2x extender? ^_^|||

want small, long range and light? use the Olympus m.zuiko 75-300mm.. (equivalent to a 150-600mm in 35mm context), just 430g.. ;)

the question now is the speed of af of this lens is probably not fast enough though :sweat:

'traditional lenses' with 70-200, 70-300 and 100-400 shouldnt be an issue based on previous experience. :)

Quoting RSAF Open House 2008.

Security Advisory

For the safety of all visitors, security checks will be conducted at the entrance to Open House 2008. In order to facilitate entry into the event, please observe the following security advisory:
  • Not to carry any sharp objects such as knives, paper cutters, etc.
  • Cameras are allowed, but please note that telephoto lenses that are 500mm and beyond are prohibited.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/oh08/info/security.html

Please wait for the official RSAF Open House 2011 website.

Thank you all! :)

I went to the last show, but back then I was armed only with a PnS... :sweat: Hence I have no idea what the limit was...

No worries, even with the 2X TC... I don't think it can beat the true focal length lenses... (soft details also)
70-200 is really nothing spectacular either (it's all that I have - for other uses)... Just don't want to log all that weight and still end up cannot use... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
By the way, other than the Airbase itself, is there any other good spots for shooting during the open house. I know Post Center is quite a good spot if the landing direction is correct.

Will try borrow/rent longer lens 300-500mm range. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.