2009 NDP rehearsal dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be informed that there will be National Day Parade 2009 Rehearsal as follows:

a) Activity: RSAF Aerial Rehearsal
Date: 17/06/09
Time: 1730 hrs - 1930 hrs
Venue: Marina Bay Area

b) Activity: Presidential Gun Salute Live Firing
Date: 18/06/09
Time: 1100 hrs - 1200 hrs
Venue: Marina Bay Area

Do expect low flying aircrafts and some noises during the above period.

Last edited:
Will there be fireworks for the combined rehearsals?

Will there be fireworks for the combined rehearsals?

dun think have. it will be what the title is. moreover fireworks rehearsal is still a bit too early.

Will be going the gun 1 anyone knows the exect location???My bet is the floating platform there...But can get closer???like able to see the gun??

hmm...how many fighter aircraft in total will be displayed this year?

Caught a glimpse of 3 F-16s performing a manoeuvre a few days back ;p

Not sure if anyone already posted this but here it is to share. Might be a good chance to practice fireworks shooting for all 3 shows.

Latest Singapore National Day 2009 Fireworks:

For NDP 2009, fireworks will be launched during:

1. all 3 NE Shows (11, 18, 25 July 09)

2. Preview Parade (1 Aug 09), and

3. Actual Parade (9 Aug 09)

On National Day (9 Aug 09), the fireworks will last longer than during the NE Shows and Preview.

The fireworks are expected to be launched near the Floating Platform @ Marina Bay at the end of the Parade/Show, around 8pm - 8.30pm.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If bad weather sets in, the NE Shows and Parades may be delayed, cut short or postponed. If this happens, the fireworks will be similarly affected.

Alternative date for Preview Parade: 2 Aug 09.

Alternative date for Actual Parade: 15 Aug 09.

http://www.etour-singapore.com/singapore-national-day.html#tips

There was a bit of fireworks for combined rehearsal 2. The canon gun salute is actually on a moving floating platform that can move about. I think the f16 segment was cut short today, they just did a simple flypast. And btw i think the open field next to one marina boulevard is under construction, so can forget about going there take fireworks already.

anyone knows any good spots to take the fireworks display? thanks! :)

There was a bit of fireworks for combined rehearsal 2. The canon gun salute is actually on a moving floating platform that can move about. I think the f16 segment was cut short today, they just did a simple flypast. And btw i think the open field next to one marina boulevard is under construction, so can forget about going there take fireworks already.

yea the f16 like so short fly past gone *poof*
why you go there! everybody were like at esplanade or the bridge there la. bridge chop chop can get nice photos i went there ytd night! damn crowded ;)

anyone knows any good spots to take the fireworks display? thanks! :)

bridge there as i said, if not, you can go to the merlion there, but must go there chop place :bsmilie:

why you go there! everybody were like at esplanade or the bridge there la. bridge chop chop can get nice photos i went there ytd night! damn crowded ;)

bridge there as i said, if not, you can go to the merlion there, but must go there chop place :bsmilie:

oh ok thanks alot.. :) OT abit, u do jiu jitsu or wrestling is it? cheers!

I was at esplanade there. I zoomed in to the open field there saw that there was construction going on. :)

will there be fireworks display tonight?

any idea if u can catch the fireworks from Marina barrage? if yes, is the view good? is it crowded? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.