2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - 27 Sept 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well. Imagine what F1 would be if Renault is banned. The engine supply deals, sponsorship contracts, the drivers.. :dunno:

1)they won't be liable in this case,

but as for renault, they still have to go for the trial by the FIA.

i think symonds was given immunity but decline...

first mclaren spygate, mclaren (stewards incident) and now this...

thank god ferrari has not gotten into trouble yet...

I'm watching this year's race in the comfort of my home. :bsmilie:

But on a serious note, I believe the restrictions was lifted even in last year's race. So feel free to bring your 500mm bazookas.

if you see me must remember to let me and my 500mm lens thru ok? :bsmilie:

ok...so i have 1 week to save money for the lens.....

if you believe this article then i think a number of circuits would be tainted forever also. ;p

hmmm...in last year's final race, timo glock slowed down dramatically and pork slice went on to win the title. i wonder if that was fixed too :think:

LOL still upset that Glock slow down on the last lap? He was on dry tyre on a wet track lei... Toyota try to gain something out of it by not changing tyre. That story why keep repeating? :bsmilie:

Let go of that lar... Else F1 forever got controversy lor.

LOL still upset that Glock slow down on the last lap? He was on dry tyre on a wet track lei... Toyota try to gain something out of it by not changing tyre. That story why keep repeating? :bsmilie:

True, true... :)

Oh well. Imagine what F1 would be if Renault is banned. The engine supply deals, sponsorship contracts, the drivers.. :dunno:

I think a ban from F1 or motorsport would even lead to Renault pulling out of GP2 engine supply deal, which could lead to lost of jobs at their F1 factory in Enstone, UK and Viry-Châtillon outside of Paris, France. A possible penalty could be exclusion from 2009 championship resulting in no points and no prize money/no travel money for flyaway races for 2009.

True, true... :)

But ah, Massa must be very pissed with Flavio for creating this crash. Else he would be winner of the Singapore GP lor! And the way the championship unfolds after last year's Singapore GP will be so much different...

According to reports, It was discovered that

1) Nelson Piquet Jr accelerated his car before the crash rather than the normal practise of slowing the car...

2) He radio-ed the team and asked which lap he was on before the crash, which was unusual for a driver to ask...

Ok.. My question is... Doesnt FIA investigated all crashes / incidents that happened in every races? More so, when in this case, it was Piquet's crash that lead to his teamate's victory...

If they had investigated, probably they would have found discrepancies much earlier after the race... Or they simply "believe' what the team told them of the reasons for the crashes / malfunctions of the cars?

lol...i let go already. just that this recent scandal remind me of it. but it does seem like F1 forever got controversy :bsmilie:

lol...i let go already. just that this recent scandal remind me of it. but it does seem like F1 forever got controversy :bsmilie:

Haha sorry if i sounded rude.

F1 really forever full of controversy. Brings back to the Benetton launch control program too. FIA could never detect it because after you off engine, the program is flushed out from the RAM chips. & that was why FIA bring back launch control/traction control in 2001.

And subsequently they ban it in 2008 with a McLaren/Microsoft engine control unit to police such illegalities.

According to reports, It was discovered that

1) Nelson Piquet Jr accelerated his car before the crash rather than the normal practise of slowing the car...

2) He radio-ed the team and asked which lap he was on before the crash, which was unusual for a driver to ask...

Ok.. My question is... Doesnt FIA investigated all crashes / incidents that happened in every races? More so, when in this case, it was Piquet's crash that lead to his teamate's victory...

If they had investigated, probably they would have found discrepancies much earlier after the race... Or they simply "believe' what the team told them of the reasons for the crashes / malfunctions of the cars?

No if they investigate every crash they would be busy.

E.g. to explain Hamilton's crash in Monza last lap, he was pushing way too hard on exit of Lesmo 1 curve. He ran a little wide, perhaps left wheel touched the artificial grass (known as grasscrete) and with the bottom plank scraping the exit curb, he did not realise he had ran too wide this time around. Before he knew it, as he had applied hard on the throttle but was on the slippery grasscrete, the car had spun violently (bottoming out on curb could be a factor) and there was no way he could have caught the car.

No if they investigate every crash they would be busy.

E.g. to explain Hamilton's crash in Monza last lap, he was pushing way too hard on exit of Lesmo 1 curve. He ran a little wide, perhaps left wheel touched the artificial grass (known as grasscrete) and with the bottom plank scraping the exit curb, he did not realise he had ran too wide this time around. Before he knew it, as he had applied hard on the throttle but was on the slippery grasscrete, the car had spun violently (bottoming out on curb could be a factor) and there was no way he could have caught the car.

the question remains....why he had to push so hard in the last lap? i dun think he could have overtaken button. what does he gain by beating button anyway? silly fool. but just as well he did that, if not kimi wouldn't have finished 3rd. :bsmilie:

the question remains....why he had to push so hard in the last lap? i dun think he could have overtaken button. what does he gain by beating button anyway? silly fool. but just as well he did that, if not kimi wouldn't have finished 3rd. :bsmilie:

Yes this is one aspect which he nvr matured right from his first season. Think back to China 2007 where he got beached in gravel when his tyre exploded. And he is driving the F1 car like a big giant go-kart.

Yes this is one aspect which he nvr matured right from his first season. Think back to China 2007 where he got beached in gravel when his tyre exploded. And he is driving the F1 car like a big giant go-kart.

he can't rmb what car he's driving,

and i hope he continues like this,

and his teammate is gonna win him in points finish by the end of the year.

if this is GP2, F3000 he'll win, but with so many talented drivers (better then him i dare say), he'll have to change his style of driving to start winning more (and hopefully mclaren gives him a good car next year)

he forgets the fact how light the kart is at the back,

and how heavy a formula one car is in the front...

still, he's quite a good driver...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.