2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - 27 Sept 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggable

Nov 2, 2004
East side
The action moves to our Marina Bay circuit from 25-27 Sep 09.

Will the Brawns continue their winning steak? Will we see another Piquet? How would the Driver's championship shape up? Let's discuss in this thread.

Latest news: Santander will continue to sponsor McLaren, despite signing up to sponsor Ferarri in 2010.

wahahaa.. exciting.. all the barriers are 95% up.

But don't expect free views. They put up these green canvas covers to act as shields.

From One Raffles Link
IMG_5219Large.jpg

From bridge connecting Marina Sq to One Raffles Link
IMG_5215Large.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone got tickets for the race?

I've just subscribed to SCV, will watch the remaining qualifying/races LIVE!! :cheers: at home.

Anyone got tickets for the race?

I've just subscribed to SCV, will watch the remaining qualifying/races LIVE!! :cheers: at home.

after that... you gonna terminate the Sports package?

as to watching the race... if Channel 5 does not show live, may go down to Chijmes or some pub to watch.

Yeah, will terminate the sports package after the Abu Dhabi race. Need to do it 7 days before the next billing cycle.

Then take on again, for 2010 season. ;p

Saw somewhere that Nikon is sponsoring the "live" telecast? What was the arrangement last year?

as to watching the race... if Channel 5 does not show live, may go down to Chijmes or some pub to watch.

The action moves to our Marina Bay circuit from 25-27 Sep 09.

Will the Brawns continue their winning steak? Will we see another Piquet? How would the Driver's championship shape up? Let's discuss in this thread.

Latest news: Santander will continue to sponsor McLaren, despite signing up to sponsor Ferarri in 2010.

I do hope that Brawn can continue their winning form. Strong team.

Another Piquet? Think you are referring to another incident like Piquet's ie crashing out to allow his team mate win. I think any crash in this circuit will raise suspicion of that. I am sure the drivers are trying hard not to crash out. But then in a night race I think there is a good chance of a crash.

Force India esp Sutil is strong. I do hope that he can be one of the front runners, maybe even a podium place.

As for McLiaren, they really have their ups and downs (mostly downs) this season. Lewis is not at all the top driver he is made out to be.

I think Brawn (Barichello and Button), Ferrari (Kimi), Force India (Sutil), Renault (Alonso) and McLaren (Lewis) will be likely contenders for podium in Singapore.

Force India esp Sutil is strong. I do hope that he can be one of the front runners, maybe even a podium place.

As for McLiaren, they really have their ups and downs (mostly downs) this season. Lewis is not at all the top driver he is made out to be.

I think Brawn (Barichello and Button), Ferrari (Kimi), Force India (Sutil), Renault (Alonso) and McLaren (Lewis) will be likely contenders for podium in Singapore.

I don't think Sutil will be strong in Singapore. The main reason is because in Spa-Francorchamps and Monza, the track characteristics favoured engine power more than other circuits around the world, and Monza required you to run as low downforce as you could.

I expect Red Bull to struggle in Singapore again as this type of street track doesn't suit them well and plays into the hands of the KERS cars.

Alex, smart!

i will be watching race at home,

but going to friday and sat practice and qualifying,

hope this year sutil will be on podium, and kovalainen gets a podium finish too,

he has to buck up and lewis has a screw up...

wahahaa.. exciting.. all the barriers are 95% up.

But don't expect free views. They put up these green canvas covers to act as shields.

From One Raffles Link
IMG_5219Large.jpg

From bridge connecting Marina Sq to One Raffles Link
IMG_5215Large.jpg

LOL!!! if desperate enough can go peep the opening below and beo bridgestone tyres, and as the slater would say "red hot brakes" and "brake dust" :bsmilie:

i know everyone is very excited about next weekend's race in sg but i am very excited over the news of the 13th entry of 2010 Formula 1 World Championship - 1Malaysia F1 Team! :cheers:

now i have a team to support after BMW announces its pullout from F1 by the end of this season.

i know everyone is very excited about next weekend's race in sg but i am very excited over the news of the 13th entry of 2010 Formula 1 World Championship - 1Malaysia F1 Team! :cheers:

now i have a team to support after BMW announces its pullout from F1 by the end of this season.

eh... but BMW Sauber found a buyer in the eleventh hour and managed to secure the entry as the 14th team. however, current regulations state that there should not be more than 13 teams on the grid.

hmmm... 1Malaysia F1 Team... interesting. everything will be based in Malaysia. cars will be made by Malaysians in Malaysia. probably they are getting those Proton mechanics to construct the car :bsmilie:

and since the car is gonna be built by Malaysians... confirm sure can get a lot of bodykit add-ons to the car :thumbsup:

we all see how they perform next year lah.

eh... but BMW Sauber found a buyer in the eleventh hour and managed to secure the entry as the 14th team. however, current regulations state that there should not be more than 13 teams on the grid.

hmmm... 1Malaysia F1 Team... interesting. everything will be based in Malaysia. cars will be made by Malaysians in Malaysia. probably they are getting those Proton mechanics to construct the car :bsmilie:

and since the car is gonna be built by Malaysians... confirm sure can get a lot of bodykit add-ons to the car :thumbsup:

we all see how they perform next year lah.

what makes you think it is proton going to be the one. it might be perodua. whichever one still BOLEH!

Ya. Hope they don't get last.. Like Alex Yoong, former Minardi F1 driver from Malaysia, who failed to qualify for 3 races in 2002 season because he was too slow in qualifying.

Starsports always praise him. They use the phrase above except for the last part...

Ya. Hope they don't get last.. Like Alex Yoong, former Minardi F1 driver from Malaysia, who failed to qualify for 3 races in 2002 season because he was too slow in qualifying.

Starsports always praise him. They use the phrase above except for the last part...

Ya Star Sports employs Alex now so they are silent on his inadequacies. Alex should not be harsh on slow drivers.....he is probably even slower than any of them. Star Sports should try to get more creditable drivers to be in the commentary ... but then again they have this guy called Steve Slater... sigh. Sometimes he makes the most stupid comments. Tries too hard to be technical and tries to comment like he is in the driver seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.