2009 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 30 August 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
L. Hamilton has mentioned that McLaren is not expected to be as competitive at Spa this weekend as compared to Valencia last weekend.

Ferrari stopped developing the current 2009 car. Read it at:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5514926,00.html
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/8/9812.html

Wonder what is McLaren's stand. Will they focus on developing the 2010 car too? I think they should.

Think its a good move. This season, both Ferrari and McLAren struggled, should concentrate for next season's car, just like what Honda did last season for this season.

Well next to screw up is prob the Luca guy, screw up for Ferrari. :bsmilie:

Think its a good move. This season, both Ferrari and McLAren struggled, should concentrate for next season's car, just like what Honda did last season for this season.

I thought he had already screwed up. Just that he was at the back of the field, so nobody really take notice:bsmilie:

S. Vettel has 1 more engine only!!! This one at Spa is his last engine.

Its ok to blow this one also cos to them 'Redbull gives u Wings'! They can just fly!:bsmilie:

S. Vettel has 1 more engine only!!! This one at Spa is his last engine.

I tink he can kiss his driver championship chances good buy liao...how to last >1/3 of the season on 1 engine? :sweat:

Well the biggest screw up which can be made now is possibly by Button....he can crash out or simply be out of points for the next few races. He stand to lose his advantage in driver points to his team driver Barrichello.

As far as Ferrari and McLaren ... they are completely caught off from the start of this season and too far behind now to catch up. Quite disappointing for high calibre teams to be so far off the mark. Shows how complacent they are.

Looking forward to Brawn and Red Bull finishing the season well and staying on top.

If Vettel blows another engine, he will have to take a 10-place drop with the 9th engine. :nono:

I agree. Still, it's quite sad to see Ferrari admittedly crest-fallen for the rest of this season. When Kimi said it will be tough to hang on the 3rd spot for the WCC this year due to stopping development on the F60, he was actually being kind. To me, the REAL reason that it is nearly impossible for at least a 3rd place WCC is the hopeless Luca!!! Ferrari is essentially driving a one car race!!!

I really hope they find a good replacement after Spa. On the flip side, Ferrari's driver development programme kind of sucks, doesn't it? I would have thought there'd be lots of budding Ferrari test drivers to choose from. Pork Slice is an example of such programmes.

Oh well, I'm just thankful on Kimi showing why he is THE MAN, and carrying the weight of the whole team without the slightest sign of stress, pressure, or even emotion... just look at his bo-chup face on the podium :sweatsm:

GO FOR IT KIMI!!! SHOW THE REST THAT YOU CAN STILL OUT-DRIVE IN A STAGNANT F60!!! :thumbsup:

If Vettel blows another engine, he will have to take a 10-place drop with the 9th engine. :nono:

Its a 10 place penalty for every engine change beyond the 8th right? :sweat:

Oh well, I'm just thankful on Kimi showing why he is THE MAN, and carrying the weight of the whole team without the slightest sign of stress, pressure, or even emotion... just look at his bo-chup face on the podium :sweatsm:

GO FOR IT KIMI!!! SHOW THE REST THAT YOU CAN STILL OUT-DRIVE IN A STAGNANT F60!!! :thumbsup:

kimi is the new gen ice man, after mika...:thumbsup:

As far as Ferrari and McLaren ... they are completely caught off from the start of this season and too far behind now to catch up. Quite disappointing for high calibre teams to be so far off the mark. Shows how complacent they are.

Looking forward to Brawn and Red Bull finishing the season well and staying on top.

IMHO, mayb its debatable to call these team complacent. they jus kept to the technical rules in development whereas some other teams pushed the boundaries and were rewarded when what they did is ruled legitimate.

one other thing to note is that the top teams went with the KERS system whereas Brawn is not on KERS. the 20+kg is a real weight penalty on a F1 car that has to be offset by better aero package or something else.

overall, an exciting F1 season so far! :thumbsup:

Its a 10 place penalty for every engine change beyond the 8th right? :sweat:

Correct. If he can use the same engine till the end of this season, then there will be no penalty for him. (wishful thinking at best...)

Wonder why S. Vettel's engine keeps blowing up - punishment from the driver?

i'm all for barichello,

he's a great driver,

hopefully mclaren will not do well this weekend,

and let's hope badoer will get at least a 10th place.

wish force india best of luck for their first points

you guys have said everything... now i'm just gonna hope Starhub extend its free preview of the Sports channel :bsmilie:

if Luca still can't perform on a proper circuit... then should drop him after Spa. Ferrari should just field Marc Gene since this bloke has F1 racing experience. on the other hand, i'm also ready. just waiting for the phone call... :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.