2009 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX - Sun 19 April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diffuser appeal hearing underway in Paris

Quoted from f1.com

"The FIA’s International Court of Appeal meets in Paris on Tuesday to consider the legality of the diffusers used by the Brawn, Toyota and Williams teams at the first two Grands Prix of 2009. Whatever the outcome, the Court’s decision is likely to have a huge impact on this year’s title chase.

The revised technical regulations for 2009, designed to cut downforce, specify a much smaller rear diffuser. However, Brawn, Toyota and Williams have all taken advantage of apparent loopholes in the rules, adapting other areas of bodywork to effectively enlarge their diffusers.

Stewards at both the season-opening Australian Grand Prix and the second round in Malaysia declared the ‘double-decker’ designs, which use bodywork openings to feed them more air, legal. However, BMW Sauber, Ferrari, Red Bull and Renault have all appealed the stewards’ findings, questioning whether the diffusers adhere to the wording and spirit of the regulations.

Should the Court agree with them, it could in theory strip Brawn, Toyota and Williams of their points from Melbourne and Sepang, which would dramatically alter the face of the championship table. Alternatively, it could insist they change their diffusers for a more ‘conventional’ design.

If the Court deems the diffusers legal, then it will leave the other seven teams on the grid playing catch-up. Many have already begun development of similar diffuser designs - thought to be worth as much as half a second per lap - which, if required, could be introduced as early as the Bahrain Grand Prix later this month.

A decision is expected from the Court on Wednesday afternoon."

Diffuser appeal hearing underway in Paris

Quoted from f1.com

"The FIA’s International Court of Appeal meets in Paris on Tuesday to consider the legality of the diffusers used by the Brawn, Toyota and Williams teams at the first two Grands Prix of 2009. Whatever the outcome, the Court’s decision is likely to have a huge impact on this year’s title chase.

The revised technical regulations for 2009, designed to cut downforce, specify a much smaller rear diffuser. However, Brawn, Toyota and Williams have all taken advantage of apparent loopholes in the rules, adapting other areas of bodywork to effectively enlarge their diffusers.

Stewards at both the season-opening Australian Grand Prix and the second round in Malaysia declared the ‘double-decker’ designs, which use bodywork openings to feed them more air, legal. However, BMW Sauber, Ferrari, Red Bull and Renault have all appealed the stewards’ findings, questioning whether the diffusers adhere to the wording and spirit of the regulations.

Should the Court agree with them, it could in theory strip Brawn, Toyota and Williams of their points from Melbourne and Sepang, which would dramatically alter the face of the championship table. Alternatively, it could insist they change their diffusers for a more ‘conventional’ design.

If the Court deems the diffusers legal, then it will leave the other seven teams on the grid playing catch-up. Many have already begun development of similar diffuser designs - thought to be worth as much as half a second per lap - which, if required, could be introduced as early as the Bahrain Grand Prix later this month.

A decision is expected from the Court on Wednesday afternoon."

That's F1 weekly tabliod............:bsmilie:

good to see true blue supporters over here. :thumbsup:

as for me, i support the team with its engine runs on Petronas!

go BMW!

brawn again? i don't think so unless the race ends with the safety car leading the pack to the finishing line.

If there are no safety car intervered, Brawn's winning margin over the 2nd car will be even bigger right? At Melbourne, Brawn at 1 point was 46sec faster than the 2nd car, if i'm not wrong... so far this season, buying all the Brawn & Jenson button at Motorsport betting has not let me lose money. :sweatsm:

Last edited:
If there are no safety are intervered, Brawn's winning margin over the 2nd car will be even bigger right? At Melbourne, Brawn at 1 point was 46sec faster than the 2nd car, if i'm not wrong... so far this season, buying all the Brawn & Jenson button at Motorsport betting has not let me lose money. :sweatsm:

The decision on the diffuser issue will be known by today. If it is ruled legal the other teams will be playing catch up and will not be ready by this coming race. It is unlikely that they can beat Brawn, Toyota and Williams as these teams would have as much as 0.5 sec advantage per lap. That ruling today will determine to a large extent if Brawn has a chance this coming race.

'Double-decker' diffusers declared legal

In a ruling that could have major implications on the outcome of the 2009 World Championship, the International Court of Appeal has ruled that the diffusers of Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams are legal.

Read more: http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5190774,00.html

'Double-decker' diffusers declared legal

In a ruling that could have major implications on the outcome of the 2009 World Championship, the International Court of Appeal has ruled that the diffusers of Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams are legal.

Read more: http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5190774,00.html

if the ruling was otherwise, it would be another farce to F1.

just think of the bad PR it will receive when all points from Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams will to be stripped.

well... one team has already decided to wake up from their slumber...

an extract from Planet F1

The team have already announced a reshuffle of their management line-up with team manager Luca Baldisserri to a factory-based role. Chris Dyer will take over Baldisserri's track role at the Chinese GP.

Furthermore, the F60 will have an updated aero package during this weekend's race in Shanghai.

"The team have worked hard to address the problems it encountered, particularly the reliability issues," a statement from Ferrari said.

i hope they will put their acts together and start winning races...

so left liargate to settle. lets get on with the racing! :vhappy:

FERRARI TO HAVE UPDATED AERO PACKAGE AT CHINA

"The problem with the KERS in Sepang has been fully understood and in terms of performance, putting to one side the diffuser issue, Ferrari accelerated its development programme on the F60, with test driver Marc Gene carrying out an aero test at Vairano last week, evaluating some new components.

"This means there will be some aero updates on the car for the third round of the Championship, including modifications to the front wing, the front wheel flanges and the turning vanes."

hope it makes them more competitive.

FORZA FERRARI!!!!

:lovegrin:

If there are no safety are intervered, Brawn's winning margin over the 2nd car will be even bigger right? At Melbourne, Brawn at 1 point was 46sec faster than the 2nd car, if i'm not wrong... so far this season, buying all the Brawn & Jenson button at Motorsport betting has not let me lose money. :sweatsm:

so, will you be betting on button for this coming race? good luck, bro.

"The decision of the International Court of Appeal brings this matter to its conclusion and we look forward to continuing on the track the challenge of what has been a very exciting start to the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship." Ross Brawn

Ya its been exciting, lets win more Brawn! The other teams should get on with driving and winning based on merits rather than lying, accusations etc. Catch up!!!

Some latest news: Ferrari abandon KERS for Shanghai race. Ron Dennis quits McLaren F1. He will concentrate on the business and car manufacturing side of McLaren.

FORZA FERRARI~!

Status
Not open for further replies.