Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Date: 3rd to 7th September 2009
Time: Open daily from 0900 to 1900 hrs.
Venue: Pasir Laba Camp

There will be ferry services between AOH '09 and Boon Lay Interchange (next to Boon Lay MRT).

Stay tuned for the ferry schedule.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/aoh09/

Last edited:
Thanks.
Sure going.
Miss NSF days.
:D

can we take pics...?

Does the date 3rd to 7th mean we as public can get in on any day btwn 3rd and 7th? Or we as public can only get in on sat (5/9) & sun (6/9) only?

10s, xtemujin 4 the info. will let my colleague know about it & I'll with my cam full batt. :bsmilie:

can bring big lenses? i read somewhere last time that these big lenses were not allowed. Not sure if its army open house or some naval base open house.

NSF and nsmen are charged for bring in camera and camera-phones into camps. For open house the public are alllow to bring photographic equipments in. For those nsf and nsmen who are charged and fined or served times in Detention Barracks, how will they be compensated?

Open House is meant for public to go in and understand more about the Army, and have fun as well. Photographic equipments are definetely allowed.

NSF and nsmen are charged for bring in camera and camera-phones into camps. For open house the public are alllow to bring photographic equipments in. For those nsf and nsmen who are charged and fined or served times in Detention Barracks, how will they be compensated?

Come on, I don't see the connection here. You are allowed to go into Pasir Laba Camp during Army Open House, but to the designated areas only. Of course not roam around the camp as you like.

This is not the first time an SAF-related Open House is conducted. Cameras were always allowed unless explicitly specified.

The public go there to look around only, and to get close to the tanks and things like that. They don't get the chance to see where all the armor fire rounds at night, where all the ammo is stored or how trainings are conducted, esp for those hiong ones like commando or guards.

If a NS guy brings in a cam and trigger happy during trainings, then upload here, whats gonna happen? :nono:

thats the diff.

kiwitan, chengpenguin & agentxq49 r right. :) u can take photos in the camp BUT NOT @ ALL PLACES of the camp. U can only take pixs @ the open hse area. NSman & ALL visiters of all army camps in S'pore r NOT allowed to bring in CAMERA HPs due to security reasons. It's like that even for places like Airline Hse/SIA Engineering/St Aviation. Think about it : if someone uploads the info inside the camp/co. to the net? How about passing the info to some terrorist? What if the terrorists uses the info to attack S'pore? No amount of bomb sheltters will b useful! World War 2 not world war 3 is here in S'pore! :bigeyes:

Anyway to me, army open hse is just a show of S'pore's military strength to the world & to Singaporeans. So just DEAR (Drop Everything And Relex).

Status
Not open for further replies.