2008 Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice practice race. I'm not one for motorsports, but there was some nice coverage from the air just now.

Oh, and whose front airfoil got clipped and broke? Ouch..

Hmm.. how come i dont see Marlboro advertising in the Circuit? Marlboro has long been sponsoring F1 races :think:

Wooo alonso come in 1st for the 2nd practise. :thumbsup: Ferrari Kimi seem lost. :(

web.jpg

web.jpg

Either way, nice coverage today too.
Didnt expect Lewis Hamilton to lose the 1st position today to Fernando Alonso..

And fortunatelly, i have a walkabout tix for tml so i can experience it first hans :D

An ex schmate of mine is working in RBS, HK so he managed to get free tickets. His intention was to fly in tonight and fly back to HK on Monday. However the air tickets prices r rocket high now! The return ticket is almost SGD$2k!! Gosh! :eek::what: :bigeyes:

Trulli fined for practice u-turn

Toyota’s Jarno Trulli has been reprimanded and fined 10,000 euros by Singapore Grand Prix stewards for driving the wrong way around the circuit during Friday evening’s opening practice session.

Trulli spun coming out of the final corner. Rather than continuing down the start-finish straight, the Italian then drove a short distance in the wrong direction in order to access the pit lane, illegally crossing the white line at the pit entry in the process.

Stewards decided he had breached of Article 30.2 of the 2008 FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations, and Appendix L Chapter 4 Article 4d of the International Sporting Code.

The former states “drivers are strictly forbidden to drive their car in the opposite direction to the race unless this is absolutely necessary in order to move the car from a dangerous position,” while the latter says “except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the Stewards of the meeting), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating the deceleration zone and the track is prohibited.”

Last edited:
Oh, so that must be the reason for the little hiccup at that turn. I thought he either missed the turn(mistaking it for correct?) or wanted to do a 180deg which he did to wow audience :bsmilie:

Oops, or was that another isolated mistake?

Last edited:
Those who have not been and if you are sitting at the pit stand, please bring ear plugs. Else where, it's still advisable to bring them.

I was right at the end of the pit stand where the cars exit........it was quite a painful experience if you do not wear them.

Manage to capture a few shots but I think it's not good enough as I was too lazy to bring the 70-200. Just used the 18-200 which I borrowed from a friend of mine.....which is a super good walk about lens if you have the D700 as when you set it to ISO6400, it a brilliant combination.

A FERRARI ONE-TWO WIN ON SUNDAY!!!! :cheergal:

DSC-3845-20080925.jpg

FORZA FERRARI!!!! :lovegrin:

News about the F1 track:

Bumpy but fun - the drivers give their verdict on Singapore

Red Bull's Mark Webber on his disruptive accident during the first session;
Renault’s Fernando Alonso on leaping to the top of the timesheets during
the dying minutes of second practice; and Toyota’s Jarno Trulli on his 10,000
euro fine. All 20 drivers review the new circuit and report back on their early
progress in Singapore (note - positions and times refer to practice two)…

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/9/8435.html

Hmm.. how come i dont see Marlboro advertising in the Circuit? Marlboro has long been sponsoring F1 races :think:

Actually got. Marlboro sponsors Ferrari but because tabacco advert is banned in most of Europe and some parts of Asia, esp SG, so Marlboro will have the Barcode on red back ground instead of the obvious 'Marlboro' brand. Just note the top part of Ferrari's rear wings. So if u see a red van with barcode on the streets in SG in future, its a tabacco van, more specifically, its Marlboro and Philip Morris.

But the full name is still Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro.

Forza Ferrari!!

Last edited:
News about the F1 track:

Bumpy but fun - the drivers give their verdict on Singapore

Red Bull's Mark Webber on his disruptive accident during the first session;
Renault’s Fernando Alonso on leaping to the top of the timesheets during
the dying minutes of second practice; and Toyota’s Jarno Trulli on his 10,000
euro fine. All 20 drivers review the new circuit and report back on their early
progress in Singapore (note - positions and times refer to practice two)…

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/9/8435.html

Thanks for the post! Seems like the general complains are the track being bumpy and the pit lane entry and exit location. Think they gonna have a sore butt at the end of the race! :bsmilie:

i believe mclaren is cheating again.

no wonder why they're fastest during practice... :think: see the evidence below.

..with rally headlamps
2890382413_6aee7e18a7_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.