2007 Pulitzer Prize Featured Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article brought tears to my eyes. In fact I could feel a lot as I've lost my dad to cancer. It's so heartwrenching that seeing a loved one beside you wasting down to just skin and bones, and you can't do anything about it. That's the destruction of cancer. It not only causes pain and suffering to the patient but also to the ones around him.

definitely worthy of the Pulitzer... really really touching...:cry:
the photos are just able to connect and make people empathise with the mother and child...

Very hauntingly intimate, the photos captured so well the anguish and helplessness .. the mixture of emotions the family had to deal with in the face of the inevitable. I'm humbled by Derek's strength.

Thank you for sharing...it really deserve the award
You could really felt the sadness and tears just by observing the photographs...that's great photojournalism...

Definitely deserves the prize.... This reminds me of the series done on charnobyl...

I second that. Brought tears to my eyes

Brilliant series; gotta wipe the eyes after viewing it. Well-deserved prize.

:_____________________________________(

is the photographer anyway related to the family at all?

i dont know. it's just too haunting and emotionally distressing to , you know , stand by and watch the mom and son suffer, and there's nothing you can do, but to immortalise their pain through film?

This is really something...not sure if the photographer is in anyway related... but feel he's captured the memories...

Really not sure how the mum's taking it :(

Guess photos like this are beyond tech perfection or any kind of argument, we can if we want to, but the images captured moves us to compassion and feel for the persons involved

Status
Not open for further replies.