2007 FORMULA 1™ Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix. (7 Oct.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
As requested by Bro asterixsg, here is the thread for the Shanghai GP. (posted earlier than usual).

For CS-ers planning a trip there, you all are more than welcomed to use this thread for discussion, planning, communications, etc. :)

As requested by Bro asterixsg, here is the thread for the Shanghai GP. (posted earlier than usual).

For CS-ers planning a trip there, you all are more than welcomed to use this thread for discussion, planning, communications, etc. :)

Thanks bro. You are the best :thumbsup:

All,
The official link to book the tickets is :
http://www.icsh.sh.cn/english/shang/tickets_f1.htm

though if you go through other channels, you could get the tickets for half the price. I don't wish to promote such channels, so I'll hold back.

As you all know, the circuit at Shanghai is shaped like the Chinese character "shang".

The main grandstand is good only if you want to see the action at the start or pitlane action. Main High is the best option (as you get to see almost the entire circuit), but equally expensive.

Except the Main grandstand and H and K grandstands, all other grandstands are uncovered.

In my humble opinion, the best view is from the B grandstand - which is located at the first corner. Good action at the start as well as that of cars coming out of the pitlane.

The other two decent locations are the grass stands at N and J (the website says tickets sold out already).

F & G are quite bad in terms of photo-opportunities because there is a high fence.

The E grandstand is not bad as long as you get a seat in the upper rows.

I will try to post some pictures of the various stands (B, G, H and K) when I am home.

I know there is still the Belgian GP to go before this one, but what the heck.....

GO FERRARI GO!!!

Too bad I don't have the budget & time to join you guys for this race:cry:

I know there is still the Belgian GP to go before this one, but what the heck.....

GO FERRARI GO!!!

Too bad I don't have the budget & time to join you guys for this race:cry:

Bro,
you only need 1 day (Friday) off from work.
Take the SQ flight on Thursday night, land in Shanghai on Friday morning. Straightaway go to the circuit and watch the practice sessions.
Take the return flight on Sunday midnight, come to Singapore Monday morning. Go to office and sleep :bsmilie:

As for budget, well I am broke too :cry:

But the temptation to go n watch is very high :sweat:

Bro,
Take the SQ flight on Thursday night, land in Shanghai on Friday morning. Straightaway go to the circuit and watch the practice sessions.
Take the return flight on Sunday midnight, come to Singapore Monday morning. Go to office and sleep :bsmilie:

bro, easy to say hor. so once reached the circuit, eat, sleep, sh1t, etc... all at the circuit ah? :bsmilie:

i'm sure hotel during F1 period is gonna cost a bomb. everybody is out to make a killing during F1.

Bro,

Time can be arranged, but No $ No Talk.:cry:

bro, easy to say hor. so once reached the circuit, eat, sleep, sh1t, etc... all at the circuit ah? :bsmilie:

i'm sure hotel during F1 period is gonna cost a bomb. everybody is out to make a killing during F1.

you've to look for lesser known hotels lah. if you go to those Ascotts and the Hyatts, obviously they'll cost a bomb. Last year I stayed at a service apartment in Xujiahui and I paid RMB 550 (S$110) per night. The room was small, but what the heck. You are only gonna use the room to sleep n sh1t, right ? Two persons share the room for 2 nights, the total cost will be S$110 per person.
Even if you book a cab for 3 days to travel around, it wont be so expensive lah.
Food, as you know is cheap.
Other entertainment ;p is extra. I have no say in those matters ;)
Let's see lah. If Ferrari wins at Spa and at Japan, I will go to watch.

And pay the interest later??:confused:

bro,
my comment was in humor (along the lines of the Mastercard advertisement).

you are absolutely right.
credit card debt is one of the worst debts. one should never, never, ever allow one's credit card payments to lapse. credit card companies love such customers.

bro,
my comment was in humor (along the lines of the Mastercard advertisement).

you are absolutely right.
credit card debt is one of the worst debts. one should never, never, ever allow one's credit card payments to lapse. credit card companies love such customers.

Yep. I think I will just enjoy watching the crappy offering from ESPN Starsports. Let's hope Kimi or Massa can do well in the remaining European GPs and get much closer to the Mclaren drivers. Then the Chinese GP is going to be very exciting:thumbsup:

As promised, here are the images of some of the grandstands at the Shanghai F1 circuit.
You can use this for your planning before buying the tickets, if any of you will be going to watch the race there.

In terms of photo opportunities, I personally think that B grandstand is the best.

1. B Grandstand

1383481793_a2d92d7065_o.jpg

2. H and K Grandstands and Grass stand J

1384379268_90880df0d0_o.jpg

3. G Grandstand
This will have a rear-view of the cars as they enter the pitlane.

1383482223_0ac584147c_o.jpg

It seems now that only Bro asterixsg will be attending the Chinese GP live in Shanghai.

Bro asterixsg, where will you be seated?

It seems now that only Bro asterixsg will be attending the Chinese GP live in Shanghai.

looks like this bro is really something. still going after what he mentioned... hahaha... steady pom-pi-pi :thumbsup:

asterixsg said:
Let's see lah. If Ferrari wins at Spa and at Japan, I will go to watch.

looks like this bro is really something. still going after what he mentioned... hahaha... steady pom-pi-pi :thumbsup:

Hehe......the girls in Shanghai is pretty hot this year. That will be one excuse for going there lor....hehe.

I will be at the B grandstand, I think there are 8 sections B1 to B8. My friend has got tickets in B3. I said as long as I get a view of the first corner and of the cars exiting the pitlane, I am ok. In the photo that I posted you can only see B5 to B8 sections. I will be to the left of the main grandstand.

Another friend has got the main grandstand tickets for 3 days, but going only for qualifying and race day. I will use his tickets to see the Friday practice sessions and shoot the babes :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.