2007 FORMULA 1™ ING Belgian Grand Prix. (16 Sep.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
McLaren will be going into this race without any constructors points. Nor will they be allowed to collect any for this year. With this decision by the FIA, looks like Ferrari will be crowned Constructors Champion. Congratulations to Ferrari.

Anyway, both F. Alonso and L. Hamilton will now have to focus on the Drivers Championship. With 4 more races to go, this is the final stretch.

not true ways of winning the title...nothing special...

Go Ferrari Go!!! Got constructors liao time to focus on th drivers standing!

My votes go to Alonso and Kimi.

Alonso has shown top form in the past few races, reborn from all the unproductive skirmishes he had with hamilton etc. What grit, what tenacity and talent he has shown.

Kimi, man oh man,... earned full r-e-s-p-e-c-t for biting the bullet and racing with a post-crash neck injury, could barely keep his head up, and in a spare car to boot! Truly the Iceman!

The newly renovated Spa circuit is one long mutha at 7km and loves high speeds. Gonna be one great weekend!!! All the best to Alonso and Kimi :thumbsup:

I expect to see Alonso and Hamilton go at each other throats, now that the constructor championship does not matter anymore. It is purely fighting for personal glory now, and the driver's championship. No more team orders for both of them.

But I'll expect Ferrari to put Kimi as their No. 1 driver, and focus more on getting more points for him.

If McLaren can no longer use Ferrari's technology, I think Ferrari will have the edge. But I dunno if FIA enforce this. They only said that McLaren have to prove next season that they're not using stolen technology.

it's dejavu again for McLaren. it's Alonso vs Hamilton just like Senna vs Prost. i'm sure they are going at each other's throat with ferocity. makes me wonder if they will resort to Schumi's tactics of taking competitor out to win the WDC.

whatever it is... i'm rooting for Kimi to get the crown. the McLaren drivers can kill each other for all i care.

If McLaren can no longer use Ferrari's technology, I think Ferrari will have the edge. But I dunno if FIA enforce this. They only said that McLaren have to prove next season that they're not using stolen technology.

probably the information would have been obsolete by next year... :bsmilie:

Alsonso is a dedicated driver mah ;), that's why he decided to skip the hearing and instead focus on the Belgian GP. Whereas Hamilton has to show support to McLaren for having groomed him over the years and Pedro de la Rosa (everyone seems to have forgotten him) hopes for a drive next year with McLaren when Alonso returns to Renault. No wonder these two guys were there for the hearing.

I dunno how the revised Belgian circuit will be. It would be fun to watch Alonso and Hamilton fight it out for the title. Expect some breathtaking overtaking and wheel to wheel banging from these two guys. Given that McLaren won't get the constructors crown, they will go all out to win the Drivers Championship.

Dunno if I should feel happy for Ferrari. In my opinion, this year they were clearly outclassed by McLaren fair and square. McLaren had a faster car and a more reliable one, for once !

This spy scandal has taken some interest out of the sport :(

PS : Anyone keen on going to watch the Shanghai GP ? I don't want to go alone, but if I get company I don't mind splurging - just to see if Alonso and Hamilton take each other out :bsmilie:

probably the information would have been obsolete by next year... :bsmilie:

Haha true but maybe they can work on it and have a revised version. I tihnk its still considered Ferrari's technology.

Dunno if I should feel happy for Ferrari. In my opinion, this year they were clearly outclassed by McLaren fair and square. McLaren had a faster car and a more reliable one, for once !

Make no mistake friend, if they outclass Ferrari fair and square, they will not be guilty and penalised.

That's the irony. We all don't know the truth. We all believe what we have been told to us by the media. And these days, I have no faith in the media. There is no such thing as an unbiased media these days. Media is only looking for a 'story' - one that will generate the interest of readers/viewers and will bring in maximum revenue.

If FIA found some parts in McLaren's car which can be proved conclusively that it came from Ferrari's design dossier, they shouldn't even be allowed to race. But that would take viewership away, right ? FIA had to show the world that they mean business (and Ferrari might've twisted some arms), so they reached a deal. Punish the team (so Ron Dennis can be scr*wed), let the drivers go away scott-free.

Its the world of dirty, murky politics where money has power and it rules.

Assuming that the McLaren is a replica of Ferrari, they still managed to beat Ferrari until now. That in itself is a shame to Ferrari.

I am a Ferrari fan, no doubts about it. But primarily, I want to enjoy motor racing - pure (at least it seemed so then) and entertaining like during the Mika/Schumi days. And this scandal is damaging to the sport.

That's the irony. We all don't know the truth. We all believe what we have been told to us by the media. And these days, I have no faith in the media. There is no such thing as an unbiased media these days. Media is only looking for a 'story' - one that will generate the interest of readers/viewers and will bring in maximum revenue.

If FIA found some parts in McLaren's car which can be proved conclusively that it came from Ferrari's design dossier, they shouldn't even be allowed to race. But that would take viewership away, right ? FIA had to show the world that they mean business (and Ferrari might've twisted some arms), so they reached a deal. Punish the team (so Ron Dennis can be scr*wed), let the drivers go away scott-free.

Its the world of dirty, murky politics where money has power and it rules.

Assuming that the McLaren is a replica of Ferrari, they still managed to beat Ferrari until now. That in itself is a shame to Ferrari.

I am a Ferrari fan, no doubts about it. But primarily, I want to enjoy motor racing - pure (at least it seemed so then) and entertaining like during the Mika/Schumi days. And this scandal is damaging to the sport.

Well thats the way it is. Media and FIA. Without media, u will not get news. FIA is the governing body, so they have to do something about it. And they also have to protect the interest of the sport and stakeholders. If McLaren got away scot free, do u still have faith in FIA and the sport?

The McLaren car is obviously not a replica of Ferrari and do not have any Ferrari parts in it. If so, they will be found guilty at the 1st hearing. Its the knowledge, info and experience that Ferrari had and particularly with Bridgestone tyres. The damning evidence is that document remember?

This scandal might not be damaging to the sport at all. It can also add spice and interest.

Well thats the way it is. Media and FIA. Without media, u will not get news. FIA is the governing body, so they have to do something about it. And they also have to protect the interest of the sport and stakeholders. If McLaren got away scot free, do u still have faith in FIA and the sport?

The McLaren car is obviously not a replica of Ferrari and do not have any Ferrari parts in it. If so, they will be found guilty at the 1st hearing. Its the knowledge, info and experience that Ferrari had and particularly with Bridgestone tyres. The damning evidence is that document remember?

This scandal might not be damaging to the sport at all. It can also add spice and interest.

Bro,
The document has been there all along. Ever since Nigel Stepney was fired and the dossier was found with McLaren, the document has been the centre of attention.

If McLaren has been fined for possessing the document, then FIA could've imposed the fine during the last hearing itself. Why they didn't do so will remain a mystery.

Ferrari was obviously pissed off with that result and they must have threatened FIA big time. And FIA had to act. I am sure Ron Dennis saw it coming when he went to the podium in Monza.

Of course, all this is my speculation and I am what ? A mere spectator.

Sorry canew, we all got sidetracked from the Belgium GP this weekend :bsmilie: Let's hope for some good racing this weekend. Monza was quite boring.

Bro,
The document has been there all along. Ever since Nigel Stepney was fired and the dossier was found with McLaren, the document has been the centre of attention.

If McLaren has been fined for possessing the document, then FIA could've imposed the fine during the last hearing itself. Why they didn't do so will remain a mystery.

Ferrari was obviously pissed off with that result and they must have threatened FIA big time. And FIA had to act. I am sure Ron Dennis saw it coming when he went to the podium in Monza.

Of course, all this is my speculation and I am what ? A mere spectator.

Sorry canew, we all got sidetracked from the Belgium GP this weekend :bsmilie: Let's hope for some good racing this weekend. Monza was quite boring.

Because they only had evidence that McLaren possess the document and that warrants that fine. At the 2nd hearing, it seems like the FIA had further evidence that McLaren used the knowledge gain from that Ferrari document.

Ferrari only lodge an appeal before the 2nd hearing. After FIA received further evidence, Ferrari's appeal was cancelled. In private/seperate, Ferrari sued McLaren in the courts. From my spectator point, there are not threats to the FIA.

FIA, like football's governing body, FIFA are pretty untouchable. Everyone under their charge are at their mercy.

PS : Anyone keen on going to watch the Shanghai GP ? I don't want to go alone, but if I get company I don't mind splurging - just to see if Alonso and Hamilton take each other out :bsmilie:

bro, you splurge on me i'll definitely join you :bsmilie:

bros, what's done's done. i don't think the FIA will reverse the decision made. i think McLaren's appeal (if any) will be of no use anymore. FIA definitely will lose face if they reverse the decision. bad publicity for the governing body and the sport.

so, let's have fun watching the remaining races and cheer our favorites on.

eh, do you guys watch the A1 series too? the season's starting soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.