2007 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

asterixsg

May 22, 2006
Somewhere in this creation
Now that the Malaysian GP is done and dealt with, its time to move on to Bahrain. I decided to start a new thread for this race.

Who do you think will win this race ?

Ferrari is bullish, that they will start with new engines.
The McLarens are on a high, after their 1-2 finish in Sepang.
BMW hopes to create an upset with Heidfeld racing quite well.
Will Lewis Hamilton make it a 3-2-1 and create history ?
(Even though I am a hardcore Ferrari supporter, a part of me hopes that Lewis should create history. Move over Alonso, make way for the new kid on the block :bsmilie: )

I can't wait for Sunday.

:cheergal: GO FERRARI GO!!!:cheergal:

Ferrari, however, are also bullish. For a start Kimi Raikkonen will have a new engine this weekend and thus won’t have the same concerns that he did in Malaysia, following the water loss during the final stages of the Australian race which gave him a win on his debut with the Scuderia. And Felipe Massa will be desperate to redeem himself after the lap-six mistake in Sepang, which arguably cost the red cars their chance of victory.“When we won in Australia, everyone said we were dominant,” Jean Todt said dryly; “When we lost in Malaysia they all said it was over. Obviously it is neither.”

A great confrontation between the two top teams is definitely on the cards.

Yeah, I do hope the Ferraris come out tops. Massa would be kicking himself (even though he is putting a brave face and making bold statements) for that mistake in Sepang. I am sure he is desperate for a step on the podium. The person Ferrari misses most (other than Schumi, of course) must be Ross Brawn. Without Ross, somehow I feel that Ferrari is lacking that x-factor, which used to help them put a car in front even though it wouldn't have been perfect.

IMO...it's between Kimi and Alonso......Hamilton is almost there......Massa is too clumsy.....come on.....he is no longer a rookie and with the machinary and team backing that he had.....he should be on the podium week in week out......he reminds me of Barichero in Ferrari time......always no.2 :thumbsup:

BMW is still not quite there because to me in order to win, you need a car that made pole position or at least clock the fastest lap week in week out....BM is neither here nor there....I think they will be happy to be in the podium and fight for no.3.

The rest...I can't be bother to comment lah :lovegrin:

Another exciting race expected with both Ferrari and McLaren doing well in practice.

Go Go GO. Ferrari !!!

Go McLarens go! Expect keen competitions among McLarens and Ferrari this year.

Ferrari on POLE !!!

The qualifying result is a repeat of Sepang, hope the race isn't gonna be :bsmilie:

Come on Massa. Come on Kimi. Make it a 1-2 for Ferrari :thumbsup:

Bahrain Grand Prix starting grid:
1. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari 1:32.652
2. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren 1:32.935
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 1:33.131
4. Fernando Alonso (Spain) McLaren 1:33.192
5. Nick Heidfeld (Germany) BMW Sauber 1:33.404
6. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 1:33.710
7. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) Renault 1:34.056
8. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull-Renault 1:34.106
9. Jarno Trulli (Italy) Toyota 1:34.154
10. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Williams-Toyota 1:34.399
11. Alexander Wurz (Austria) Williams-Toyota 1:32.915
12. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) Renault 1:32.935
13. Anthony Davidson (Britain) Super Aguri-Honda 1:33.082
14. Ralf Schumacher (Germany) Toyota 1:33.294
15. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Honda 1:33.624
16. Jenson Button (Britain) Honda 1:33.731
17. Takuma Sato (Japan) Super Aguri-Honda 1:33.984
18. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Italy) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:34.024
19. Scott Speed (US) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:34.333
20. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Spyker-Ferrari 1:35.280
21. David Coulthard (Britain) Red Bull-Renault 1:35.341
22. Christijan Albers (Netherlands) Spyker-Ferrari 1:35.533

(from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6555479.stm)

o.gif

My prediction.
Don't miss the starting. Hamilton will try everything to overtake Massa. Think he could still do it. Battle between Kimi is more of who has more fuel in their car. The one who pits later will have strong chance to win. BMW not really up there yet. Interesting to see whether Kubica can beats Heidfield. Renault finally get in front of the middle teams. Hopefully Toyota & Red Bull can get in some action with them. Bottom team - sadlt Honda should lead Aguri, Torro Rosso & Spyker.

of course i'll always support the team in red. Massa better perform as what he says. all mouth and no action... useless lah.

i wouldn't be surprise if Hamilton steal the lead and take it home from there. but of course, i pray that he doesn't lah. he's getting too much attention liao.

Ferrari 1-2 in whatever order i don't care.

Ferrari all the way!!!

Now that both sides (Ferrari and McLaren) have shown their fangs gnarling in Australia and Malaysia, I expect an all out fight.

I'll give Ferrari the benefit of doubt that they were nursing the iffy engine of Kimi's Ferrari during Sepang (after the engine pressure issue), instead of risking not finishing the race. Now with a new engine, I'm hoping our hard-partying Finn would rock the grand stand.

Hamilton is like a cool-headed Rooney. Inexperienced, lots of flair, and should be fun to watch. Alonso is looking more and more like Maradona, and eating like it I can see. This guy's still got a lot of fight in him, and would be running flat out this evening.

I'm compelled to think the new Bridgestone tyres are working better for McLaren than Ferrari (the irony).

Oh my! Just found out that my usual F1 source (Malaysian TV2, as I do not have SCV) will not be televising the race live, but instead showing a delayed telecast at 12.30 am. Haaiiizzzz, will need to stay away from the internet in the meantime. So, will not be visiting CS. See you guys tomorrow... :sweat:

GO MCLAREN GO!

Oh my! Just found out that my usual F1 source (Malaysian TV2, as I do not have SCV) will not be televising the race live, but instead showing a delayed telecast at 12.30 am. Haaiiizzzz, will need to stay away from the internet in the meantime. So, will not be visiting CS. See you guys tomorrow... :sweat:

GO MCLAREN GO!

Check here for updates lor.

Status
Not open for further replies.