2007 December > [JAPAN] Hokkaido - Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiszRie

Oct 15, 2006
Singapore
I'm planning a year-end backpacking + photography trip to Japan for 23 days, this time to Hokkaido region and travelling down to Kanto region (Tokyo)

the choice of Hokkaido is simply because of their renowned large quantities of high quality dry powder snow which is rated as one of the best in the world, which i believe would present itself some interesting photo opportunities

as for Kanto region, well, no one should skip Tokyo and Shizuoka (Mt. Fuji) as tTokyo is the most well known city and Mt. Fuji is the national symbol of Japan.

this trip has only 3 slots as i planned to go in a small group of 5 which 2 slots has been taken up by me and one of my friend.

PM me or e-mail me at aktb12@gmail.com if you're interested, i would provide you with a more detailed outline and estimated budget etc.

Duration & Date of Trip: 23 days not inclusive of flight-time (28 Dec - 21 Jan)

General Trip Outline: 7 Days in Hokkaido region and 16 days in Kanto region, reason being that the JR pass would last for only 7 days and the ticket for a Shinkansen trip back to Tokyo is exorbitant.

Thanks for reading =)

:thumbsup:

Hi,

Thanks for including me..

Cheers,
LotusFairy

i'm interested but the committment is too early to get down to. would prefer to get down on budget and with a slow pace. will email you. pls include me in the list.

i'm interested but the committment is too early to get down to. would prefer to get down on budget and with a slow pace. will email you. pls include me in the list.

hehe..zoosh...welcome............................ :lovegrin:

It is meant to be early as i'm catering also to those who requires time to save up on the budget, i just need a heads up on who's interested, you do not need to commit anything now, the confirmation would be somewhere in October where i will purchase the air-tickets. =)

What's the estimated cost ?

Just went tour agency last sun and 3 days 2 nite is frm $1388 :confused:

U have mention u onli wanted a small group of 5
If currently there are 20 people interested what is ur criteria of shortisting trip travel partner?
First come first serve?
Those u know will have 1st priority?

Oct comfirmation mean U will have a back up plan for rubber timer, very common in any public forum.
Hope to join U in year end trip

Hokkaido got 3/2 package?:think:

the main expenses I guess will be coming from transport (Air and Land, maybe got SEA?)
Loding and meal is still reasonable if U know where to have them
Just like Korea F&E 2 years ago...before I went I heard people complainin how exp how exp but I feel food/hotel price is acceptable

U have mention u onli wanted a small group of 5
If currently there are 20 people interested what is ur criteria of shortisting trip travel partner?
First come first serve?
Those u know will have 1st priority?

Oct comfirmation mean U will have a back up plan for rubber timer, very common in any public forum.
Hope to join U in year end trip

currently the system would give priority to the first 3 who expressed genuine interest, but, depending on the final number of interested parties, i might expand the group size.

*note that only those who expressed interest in joining the trip via e-mail or PM would be placed in the list, this is to make it easier to manage*

I will ask for confirmation somewhere in Sept. and meet up on one of the days in Sept. to early Oct. to purchase air tickets together.

=)

the current estimated budget based on current exchange rates for the whole 23 days including air-tickets, accomodation, food and expenses is $3.3k, it can be much lower if you're a "veteren" backpacker who knows how to really control and limit your expenditures. ^^

Hokkaido got 3/2 package?:think:

the main expenses I guess will be coming from transport (Air and Land, maybe got SEA?)
Loding and meal is still reasonable if U know where to have them
Just like Korea F&E 2 years ago...before I went I heard people complainin how exp how exp but I feel food/hotel price is acceptable

Yes, u go Marina sq, there is one tour agency between the 7-11 and Carls Jr. I just took their hokkaido 3D2N package brochure

Yes, u go Marina sq, there is one tour agency between the 7-11 and Carls Jr. I just took their hokkaido 3D2N package brochure

lol, you can't do sh!t in Hokkaido for 3 days 2 nights xD

quite a waste of time and money eh ^^

3 days 2 nites.....waste of money and time. The flight already costs quite a bit and the flight time too.

Actually Dec go mt fuji there quite sad.....not hiking season. lol.:sweatsm:

I am afraid my camera will jam under the cold weather.

Bring lots of batteries ? :dunno:

well, that certainly isn't a big issue as my Nikon dSLR with 2 batt. survived well under sub-zero temperatures during my trips to Japan.

3 days 2 nites.....waste of money and time. The flight already costs quite a bit and the flight time too.

Actually Dec go mt fuji there quite sad.....not hiking season. lol.:sweatsm:

hiking season is usually swamped by tourists and locals alike, moreover during the hiking season, you also won't be able to catch the snow-capped mt. fuji which is very much revered as during summer, theres not much snow left, even at the summit of mt. fuji

Oh....for me I prefer to hike the mountain than to see the mountain.

Hiking mt fuji during winter unlikely to do so bah. Wait kanna blown off the mountain edge and fall to death.

I going to Kanto region too....in March. But skipping mt fuji, see liao will gian to hike :sweat:

Oh....for me I prefer to hike the mountain than to see the mountain.

Hiking mt fuji during winter unlikely to do so bah. Wait kanna blown off the mountain edge and fall to death.

I going to Kanto region too....in March. But skipping mt fuji, see liao will gian to hike :sweat:

heh, "only a fool, climbs mt. fuji twice" =P

i've already did so once, so i doubt i'll be doing it a second time ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.