2007 bonus?

How did your bonus fare for 2007 work? (share your job scope/industry too)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap_Dingo

Apr 25, 2006
The sad fact is that working for a US MNC doesn't pay. You can have a number 1 ranking out of 40 people (like me) and still not even draw a full 1 month bonus - when the company pays massive dividends out to shareholders! Increment? yeah, I got 5% and others got 2%. Were you happy with your bonus this year?

I was talking to a friend 30 mins ago, similar position in terms of responsibility as me. Local fairly large company, salary roughly the same, and he brought home 5 months!!! Even his staff took 3.5 months..... (its not a financial institution) that got me thinking!

Some time is not the $ which concern some ppl to carry to work in a certain company. Although my job is easy, I got avg salary n high bonus, some time I really sick of this job. Going to be 10 years here, I got this job as I thought it is what I wanted but in the end, ended up 10 years. No chance to change as I only got O level cert. :(

ahhh, I hear u. What annoys me though is I was top performer, my boss said I will be "looked after" then promise increment and bonus but both cannot deliver up to promised level. Then blame HR!

Talked to another friend last night, he said US MNC is like that, bonus is super low. Told him I also got no AWS - then he shock:bigeyes:!

Does this bonus include AWS or just purely variable/performance bonus? :think:

Some company factor in the variable/performance bonus into their employee monthly pay, as such employee are only paid AWS.

I was talking to a friend 30 mins ago, similar position in terms of responsibility as me. Local fairly large company, salary roughly the same, and he brought home 5 months!!! Even his staff took 3.5 months..... (its not a financial institution) that got me thinking!

what industry? At least share leh.

Mine is electrical engineering. single month bonus every year. Fixed. Stock option based compensation.

Most US MNC's dont do bonus's and are very strict on 'luxury extras' solely focussing on profit maximisation and keeping the shareholders happy. This is the same for even the biggest profit making US companies!

Your comment is spot on. Yep, my telco fits right into this category. AWS was factored into the basic.... so low bonus, no AWS (unless it means my base is already lower), and minor increment that doesn't even cover inflation for the last 4 years!

Most US MNC's dont do bonus's and are very strict on 'luxury extras' solely focussing on profit maximisation and keeping the shareholders happy. This is the same for even the biggest profit making US companies!

Banks and financial institutions pay better bonuses, cause they are legalised money lenders, or Ah Longs are illegal money lenders whichever way you see it.

BTW, when you look at bonuses, some bonuses are paid gross of employer CPF while others may be net of employer CPF. This in the former category have less take home bonus.

The thing thats real depressing is when you see 2007 was the year everything increased! food, GST, train, bus, everything.... except your salary. :(

The thing thats real depressing is when you see 2007 was the year everything increased! food, GST, train, bus, everything.... except your salary. :(

The most depressing is that 2008 inflation expected to be 4.5% t 5.5%. If you do not have any increment, your income is actually shrinking.

Which mean - a pay cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.