2006 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix. (12 Mar. 2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Gentlemen, start your engines!

F1 season is here again! Huuurrraaahhh!

Anyone care to predict who will win the first race of the season? Not me. :confused:

With new rulings, this looks like a year where Ferrari could mount a more serious challenge for the championship.

Comments, anyone?

Kimi.

Picking up where he left off, more eager than ever to WIN.

Wheelsforfun organising F1 event at New Asia Bar 430pm onwards. Sunday. Free entry. Lucky draw for Sepang I guess. I've already got tickets to Sepang! K1 Gold! WOOT!

Hehheeee. I would wish for Kimi to win the first (and other) race too. But the new McLaren 8 cylinder engine (Mercedes-Benz FO 108S) does not show much promise during testing. (at least to me) But still hoping though...

Go McLaren Go! :thumbsup:

Canew said:
Anyone care to predict who will win the first race of the season? Not me.

Same here... With a new qualifying format, a smaller V8... who knows... but at least we'll be able to see pit stop war happening again as tyre change is allowed once again...:lovegrin:

2 Days to Bahrain Grand Prix!
At a glance:
FIA Rules & Regulations Sporting Regulations
2006 season changes

A number of changes to both the Sporting and Technical Regulations have been made by the FIA for the 2006 Formula One season.

Qualifying
For 2006, the single-lap system used in recent years is replaced be a new three-part, knockout format, with multiple cars on track throughout the qualifying hour, which is split into two 15-minute sessions and a final 20-minute session, with five-minute breaks in between.

Part one: All 22 cars may run laps at any time during the first 15 minutes of the hour. At the end of the first 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill the final six grid places.

Part two: After a five-minute break, the times will be reset and the 16 remaining cars then will then run in a second 15-minute session - again they may complete as many laps as they want at any time during that period. At the end of the 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill places 11 to 16 on the grid.

Part three: After another five-minute break, the times are reset and the final 20-minute session will feature a shootout between the remaining 10 cars to decide pole position and the starting order for the top 10 grid places. Again, these cars may run as many laps as they wish.

In the first two 15-minute sessions, cars may run any fuel load and drivers knocked out after those sessions may refuel ahead of the race. However, the top-ten drivers must begin the final 20-minute session with the fuel load on which they plan to start the race. They will be weighed before they leave the pits, and whatever fuel they use in the 20 minutes may be replaced at the end of the session.

If a driver is deemed to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during the qualifying session, then his times will be cancelled.

Engines
For 2006, engines are reduced in size from the previous 3-litre V10s to 2.4-litre V8s. The aim is to reduce costs and improve safety. With similar engine speeds, the change is expected to cut peak power by around 200bhp, which in turn is likely to add around three to five seconds to lap times at most circuits. The FIA may allow some teams to use 2005-spec V10s if they do not have access to competitive V8. The FIA will enforce a rev limit on any V10s to ensure performance is comparable with that of a V8.

Tyres
After a season’s absence, tyre changes during races return to Formula One in 2006. The thinking behind this is that the reduced engine size will offset any performance gain. Drivers also have access to slightly more tyres than in 2005 - seven sets of dry-weather, four sets of wet-weather and three sets of extreme-weather. Drivers must make a final choice of dry-weather compound ahead of qualifying.

Weekend schedule
In a slight change to the Grand Prix weekend format, Saturday morning now features a single, one-hour practice session, as opposed to two, 45-minute sessions. It takes place between 1100 and 1200. Qualifying is an hour later than before, commencing at 1400.

Did the rules changes in last season halted the Ferrari's dominace?:dunno: There were speculation that the changes is to halt Ferrari!

Wondering r they trying to do the same in the new 2006 season?
:think:

The changes this season is so complicating:bigeyes: R they trying to wear out the cars before start of actual race?
Maybe this year the teams need to have more spare cars?:sweat:

Maclaren...Pls make my day!

With a new coat of chrome painting which look very garang and advance, I hope the speed compliments together with it.

The rules & format i read already also get dizzle spells... so complicated.

Honda in the lead after 2 practise session wif ferrari behind!!! :bigeyes:

melvin said:
Honda in the lead after 2 practise session wif ferrari behind!!! :bigeyes:

Ferrari la. Last season they all just dont want Ferrari to win only

It's the scarlet cars that take the front roll 2molo...:cheergal:

No offence to the Mclarens fans here but the Mclarens will not will this year unless their sponsor change the slogon..."KEEP WALKING" :bsmilie:

alechim said:
No offence to the Mclarens fans here but the Mclarens will not will this year unless their sponsor change the slogon..."KEEP WALKING" :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

alechim said:
btw, i like the new KEEP WALKING advert. :thumbsup:

scud said:
btw, i like the new KEEP WALKING advert. :thumbsup:
well if they "keep walking" they will never win...
Kimi did not heed their "keep walking" advise and drove his rear wing plus suspension off

The truth is I am not really a scarlet fan, however I do love MS style pf driving. To date I can say no1 can match his way of smooth and errorless driving, even if so Alonso won last year. Alonso is not a smart driver, more like a brute driver.

wrx_sti_22b said:
The rules & format i read already also get dizzle spells... so complicated.

Not too bad la.

For qualifying, all 22 cars will start for the 1st 15 min session. Last 6 will drop out, occupying the last 6 slots on the grid.

2nd session, same thing again. The remaining 16 cars will run. Last 6 will drop out, occupying 11th-16th slots on the grid.

3rd session, the remaining 10 will fight for pole position to 10th place.

The rest of the major changes are tyre changes back and 2.4l V8 750 bhp engines. Less horsepower and torque than the 3l V10 950 bhp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4783108.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4770976.stm

FERRARI 1-2 on the grid! Keep walking for some teams! Remember, you will never walk alone as some might say! There is always Super Aguri! :bsmilie:

What a move by F. Alonso on M. Schumacher on his out lap of his second stop! Victory is sure sweet for him. I simply loved that move! Gutsy. :thumbsup:

Canew said:
What a move by F. Alonso on M. Schumacher on his out lap of his second stop! Victory is sure sweet for him. I simply loved that move! Gutsy. :thumbsup:

it is just something that michael used to do to his rivals :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

burger said:
it is just something that michael used to do to his rivals :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yup.. countless times we've seem Schumi did it to others... but this time its the other way round. The tides have change.

Status
Not open for further replies.