2006 FORMULA 1™ Foster's Australian Grand Prix. (2 Apr.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

F1 weekend is here again. However, today's race will be at noon. Looks like we will be in for another interesting race based on the starting grid.

Honda, Renault and McLaren at the first 3 rows! Wow! Great stuff. :thumbsup: Must see the start!

:bsmilie: ..

I didn't know CS provides live F1 commentaries.

Hahhaahhahaa. Just for the benefit of everyone. Although I might be the only one here today.

Poor Button, engine gave up on him when he was so close to the finish line... :(

Excellent race :thumbsup:

:cry: my dear button.

I think even if he made past the finish line, he may not qualify since he cant drive it back to the garage.

WHAT A RACE !!! pretty eventful and dramatic.. We see more broken pieces of carbon-fibre than all previous races combined !:bigeyes:

marcwang said:
:cry: my dear button.

I think even if he made past the finish line, he may not qualify since he cant drive it back to the garage.
Must one be able to drive back to the garage after crossing the finish line in order to earn the point? Or am I missing your point?

Fwah! Ferrari crash and burn! :eek: William's cosworth and Ferrari engines not reliable. Wasted. McLaren's engine got a lot of potential. I think its the most powerful one on the grid. I watch Montoya's car, wow! Their weakness is tactics and strategy and some reliablity. Renault almost perfect man.

another good race from renault :thumbsup:

100% so far, hopefully more to come :sweatsm:

Lot's of drama in today's race.

Question: How is it that Button finished P10, ahead of three other cars when he didn't finish the race? :dunno: It looked like he stopped just short of the line.

Thanks in advance.

singapurasteve said:
Lot's of drama in today's race.

Question: How is it that Button finished P10, ahead of three other cars when he didn't finish the race? :dunno: It looked like he stopped just short of the line.

Thanks in advance.

Not really sure but to my understanding:

The race offically ends once all the point scoring positions are won. 1st-8th. So if there are backmarkers that are 2-3 laps down, they do not finish completing all the laps but are still classified. In Button's case, all the 1st nine positions are won before the race offically ends and the rest of the back markers are still a few laps down.

That is because the other cars are more than 1 lap behind. The race for those who are more than 1 lap behind are automatically over once the winner crosses the finish line (in today's case, Alonso).

Kimi didn't win becos of his own mistake, flatspotting his tyre while overtaking Button.

CoolFix said:
Kimi didn't win becos of his own mistake, flatspotting his tyre while overtaking Button.
Yup, you are right, CoolFix.
For the benefit of those who did not see the race, Raikkonen flatspotted tyre caused bad vibrations to the extend of braking off a portion of his front nose wing, thus causing him to slow down while Alonso speeds away for the lead. Raikkonen's effort to catch up to Alonso was too little, too late after he came in to change his nose cone. (the pit stop where he changed his nose cone was also a SNAFU as Montoya was waiting behind Raikkonen's parked car, thus causing Montoya precious time - during a SC period)

Status
Not open for further replies.