2 white borders on digital photo prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

spmong

Aug 18, 2004
Chai Chee
Hi all,
Somehow, when I sent for printing for some of my landscape digital photos. The results are there will be white borders at side of the landscape 4R print. Not sure if you guys understand what I'm trying to say. Is it because of the resolution of the digital photos or something else? Please advise.

:sweat:

Thanks, but how can I resolve this to prevent this from happening in my next prints?

Can either crop or resize your photos to the required ratio needed.

Different print sizes have different ratios though

u have to shoot in 3:2 if your camera allows...

or you can cut away top / bottom of your pic into the 3:2 format. depends on your crop.

Does your camera setting allows 3:2 image? if you are printing, then set to 3:2.

It's just a normal digital camera, so possibly where can I change this setting?

It's my friend's camera. think it's Canon S30. Will this happen on DSLR?

Most digicam image are squarish format (4:3) as they are meant for viewing on the monitor screen.

Regular 4R which is 4" by 6" are rectangle becoz the most popular film format 35mm is also rectangle (3:2)

if u try to fit a square image into a rectangle paper,u will get the 2 white wall at both side. (fit image)

another way is to print the full image which will be slightly shorter ard 4"x5" without the white border. (full image or auto advance)

most lab default printing is the Cropping mode where the final image will be 4x6",this is done by cropping off the top and bottom of the squarish image to make it into a rectangle format (3:2)

common DSLR are in 3:2 format,so dun worry..

If you see the two borders, the lab has not cropped the photograph for you. Ask them to help you do it. However, note that some parts of the photo will be "chopped out" of the view.

Therefore, you should try cropping your own photos, then send to the lab. So you will have what you want in your photo.

I understand it now. Thanks guys!!!!

Seems that digital cameras have put more work on the users now... :bsmilie:

Hey correct me if I'm wrong... I thought some shops does have a special size call the Di size or something like that. I don't remember wrongly, it is slightly smaller than the usual size mostly ppl print.

When I ask the shop keeper, his answer is that these are special sizes for digital cameras to prevent cropping.

Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.