2 Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.

tltan

Apr 18, 2005
www.flickr.com
I would appreciate any comments on this picture. Manage to sort of get the sun's reflection albeit overexpose for both. And the flare crossing each other. Wonder whether this works.

264037768_3976c39af0.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
tltan

The photo is interesting to me, but i feel that the horizon is slanted

Here is the straigtened version.

264565239_064b6cc687.jpg

Thanks.

I think it's a nice idea, but the overall lack of detail doesn't quite work for me.

I think it's a nice idea, but the overall lack of detail doesn't quite work for me.

Hi bro,

thanks for the comment. I agree with that. But I had to severely underexpose to get the sun properly and not risk burning my sensor. hehe.

Regards,
tltan

Hi bro,

thanks for the comment. I agree with that. But I had to severely underexpose to get the sun properly and not risk burning my sensor. hehe.

Regards,
tltan

Wow, sounds like ur risking ur eye and camera to do this shot..

Hi bro,

Regards,
tltan

Wow its a creative shot! Like the effect of the flare.:thumbsup:

Got one question to ask, sorry i'm quite new.
You said that "not risk burning my sensor." So what problems will I face if I burn my sensor? Such as how will it affect my pics... Once I pointed my cam at the evening sun, so i wonder whether there's damage done.

Thanks a lot.:)

Wow its a creative shot! Like the effect of the flare.:thumbsup:

Got one question to ask, sorry i'm quite new.
You said that "not risk burning my sensor." So what problems will I face if I burn my sensor? Such as how will it affect my pics... Once I pointed my cam at the evening sun, so i wonder whether there's damage done.

Thanks a lot.:)

actually, it was not that much of creativeness. hehe. just try shooting. coz, cant really see the flare then.

As for burning sensor, I heard from someone verbally that if you expose the sensor ccd to bright source, they may be sort of lose their sensitivity or burnt. hence color might appear wierd. But then again, dont worry too much, dont think that will happen if you just point it once in a while. Unless you are shooting it all the time. evening sun is a nice orangy glow, shouldnt affect much too?

just my thoughts. maybe others can share.

Thanks,
tltan

Thanks tltan. I learned something useful today.:)

Thanks tltan. I learned something useful today.:)

dont just take my word for it. I am only 1 year 3 months into owning my DSLR. Very new still and learning. hear what others say.

Regards,
tltan

actually, it was not that much of creativeness. hehe. just try shooting. coz, cant really see the flare then.

As for burning sensor, I heard from someone verbally that if you expose the sensor ccd to bright source, they may be sort of lose their sensitivity or burnt. hence color might appear wierd. But then again, dont worry too much, dont think that will happen if you just point it once in a while. Unless you are shooting it all the time. evening sun is a nice orangy glow, shouldnt affect much too?

just my thoughts. maybe others can share.

Thanks,
tltan

This will only happen if you expose it to the sun for quite a substantial amount of time. It's quite unlikely that you'll be doing long exposures of the sun, so don't worry about it. It's unlikely. Very.

This will only happen if you expose it to the sun for quite a substantial amount of time. It's quite unlikely that you'll be doing long exposures of the sun, so don't worry about it. It's unlikely. Very.

thanks. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.