2 shots on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pit01

Feb 28, 2010
After getting the batteries charged up, i shot many pictures today..but most were really bad, so i deleted them...and keep trying..

finally, i settled on posting these 2 up.

SANY0002.jpg

SANY0001.jpg

Do tell me how can i improve.

very nice shots there.

I see no composition, no subjects, no story, no topic.

I see plenty of noise and overblown stuff.

i see handshake blur, i see even more handshake blur.

i see out of control, unnecessary flash there.

i am very sure my Sony T1 antique camera can take shots to rival yours.

keep up the good work!

quite bad barrel distortion.

from exif.

Camera Maker: SANYO Electric Co.,Ltd.
Camera Model: X1200
Image Date: 2010:03:01 19:10:09
Focal Length: 7.4mm (35mm equivalent: 41mm)
Aperture: f/3.5
Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB
Caption: SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

just what are you trying to do?

The first picture i used flash, and it's in the open. The second picture i took on the bus, and it's taken though the bus glass window.

I am still new at photography, hence the mess-ups.

This is what i can get from a less then $170 compact camera without much effort.
99c42865.jpg

keep taking pictures and experimenting, thats the best way to learn.

Last edited:
don't worry about it. keep taking pics and be your worst critic. ask yourself why u took those pics and does it show why u took those pics.

remember to have fun when doing it. :)

This is not a gallery section.

Shooting through a glass pane will always fail unless you get all the necessary conditions/equipment right. Best if you shoot with a person in it, particularly a pretty girl, for the guys to see, or a cute guy for the girls to see!

Don't be disheartened. Look at the pictures other members have put up, and learn to try to see the composition and technique.

HTH! Cheers :)

very nice shots there.

keep up the good work!

Haha. those are your best shots??!
You've got quite a lot to improve.

dont be so bad la...he/she just posting up some pics....
maybe he/she is just a 6 year old kid...how? dont hurt ppl feelings.
Keep shooting =)

Do tell me how can i improve.

hi,

i don't know how you will take all the funny people who will just laugh laugh laugh at you. i think posting is the first step to improvement. at least it signifies that you are willing to show your works and ask what others think of it.

i don't believe in sugar-coating comments. these are bad - but there is no need for unnecessary sarcasm right away in my opinion, unless the person has displayed a very negative attitude.

there are two main things in photography - composition, and exposure. there are other things as well, but these are the two things you can concentrate on as a beginner.

for exposure and technicalities, you can read sulhan's photography notes here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

for composition, here are some rudimentary articles on the net:

http://www.colorpilot.com/comp_rules.html
http://digital-photography-school.com/5-elements-of-composition-in-photography

i hope they help.

harsh words with good intentions, you can take. harsh words with intentions to put you down, these are very clear, with no benefit of doubt, you can just ignore - these are from bitter people who seek to put others down to feel superior to make their little lives better... even if you must feel something, put it to good use and show them that you can surpass them because they will always be stuck in their little minds that they are superb, very good, etc.

everyone starts somewhere, when i take a look at the shots i had when i started out, despite reading loads of articles, books, etc, my shots were awfully mediocre. some days even now, 3 years into the hobby, they are not much better either.

have fun in photography, and welcome to clubsnap.

Haha. those are your best shots??!
You've got quite a lot to improve.
i don't know, maybe everyone should put up their best shots, i don't think i've seen you posting any. ;)
This is what i can get from a less then $170 compact camera without much effort.
:bsmilie:
very nice shots there.

this is fine, you can stop here.

no need to throw in this boh liao statement, which is flamebaiting:

keep up the good work!
if we really want to start, see whose camera is more antique, more horrible, sure got someone produce good shots with a gu dong $2 camera that can beat your t1 antique camera shots also. play nice.

Taking night shots can be tricky, even for the experienced.

Try take some more at daytime, outdoor.

With a compact, composition is a more important factor to get a WOW shot, some reading would help a lot in this area.

More importantly, keep it up.

harsh words with good intentions, you can take. harsh words with intentions to put you down, these are very clear, with no benefit of doubt, you can just ignore - these are from bitter people who seek to put others down to feel superior to make their little lives better... even if you must feel something, put it to good use and show them that you can surpass them because they will always be stuck in their little minds that they are superb, very good, etc.

everyone starts somewhere.

:thumbsup:

Many a times people forgot where they come from. Even if they have a better start, they are still stuck in their own world and never improve.

TS, like what some bro suggested, do some readup and understand how to operate your gears.

CS does have a Photography 101 for newbie. Take a look.

photography101

Have fun shooting, don't be disheartened. :)

Edit: Oh ya, Raskhae and madmartian is right, post your photos in Gallery. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to CS :)
Good try. We all have to start somewhere.
I suggest you go read up on the manual that came with your camera. Get use to the functions & try to understand the settings that can be used with your camera. Also read up some books on how to take better photos. Once you get the basics right, just keep practicing & correct the mistakes that you made.
Don't give up. Remember, keep shooting & keep practicing. This way, you'll improve faster.
If you have any questions, just post them at the right section, and that goes for your photos too. Please read the sticky for newbies at the top of the newbies page. This will help you alot. Enjoy your photography ;)

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Many a times people forgot where they come from. Even if they have a better start, they are still stuck in their own world and never improve.

TS, like what some bro suggested, do some readup and understand how to operate your gears.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hi,

i don't know how you will take all the funny people who will just laugh laugh laugh at you. i think posting is the first step to improvement. at least it signifies that you are willing to show your works and ask what others think of it.

i don't believe in sugar-coating comments. these are bad - but there is no need for unnecessary sarcasm right away in my opinion, unless the person has displayed a very negative attitude.

there are two main things in photography - composition, and exposure. there are other things as well, but these are the two things you can concentrate on as a beginner.

for exposure and technicalities, you can read sulhan's photography notes here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

for composition, here are some rudimentary articles on the net:

http://www.colorpilot.com/comp_rules.html
http://digital-photography-school.com/5-elements-of-composition-in-photography

i hope they help.

everyone starts somewhere, when i take a look at the shots i had when i started out, despite reading loads of articles, books, etc, my shots were awfully mediocre. some days even now, 3 years into the hobby, they are not much better either.

have fun in photography, and welcome to clubsnap.

Well said :thumbsup: :angel:

TS, read more, learn more and shoot more. Next time post your pics in respective galleries for c&c

Have fun with photography :)

Status
Not open for further replies.