Aug 8, 2007
www.flickr.com
#1 Check out the MAS MAS MAS wordings

2382570517_17f506d3a5.jpg

#2 Signed and Sealed

2383403118_824ef32127.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome.
..:)

Wow, never realised there was quite so much detail in the notes. Really opened my eyes.

First thing I thought of though... was Mas Selamat rather than Monetary Authority of Singapore :bsmilie:

MAS Selamat is now a celebrity terrorist!

Wow, never realised there was quite so much detail in the notes. Really opened my eyes.

First thing I thought of though... was Mas Selamat rather than Monetary Authority of Singapore :bsmilie:

Ya ... I also never realized the intricacies of the printed notes until i did this. Any one of the imperfections - like the way the pen dispenses ink on the signature will show up under high magnification.

This is how the "seal" from the $50 note looks like up close

2382617739_ef2df7bc68.jpg

Thanks for looking

This is how the "seal" from the $50 note looks like up close

2382617739_ef2df7bc68.jpg

Thanks for looking

You used a single element close up filter ?

I see you have the same idea too...

I shot the $10 note previously too... at higher magnification.

Won't post them here. You can see them in the link. ;)

those details are known as security features to prevent counterfeiting...

look at any government issued document/pass and you will see more..
(ic, passport etc etc)

I see you have the same idea too...

I shot the $10 note previously too... at higher magnification.

Won't post them here. You can see them in the link. ;)

Hihi Zac08. Yes .. i see it in your flickr site. I can also see your 90mm macro in action

did u guys notice, the line above the word "singapore" in all 4 languages, that line is made up of "monetaryauthorityofsingapore"
hah, just a little trivia abt our currency =)

Dudes, those pics are interesting but not wanting to be a wet blanket, it is illegal to
circulate such pics around. See sect below of Currency Act.

Restriction on use of photographs, drawing or design of currency notes and coins in advertisements, etc.

20. —(1) Except with the permission of the Authority, no person shall —

(a) in any size, scale or colour, use any photograph of or any drawing or design resembling any currency note or coin or part thereof, in any advertisement; or

(b) import, manufacture, sell, circulate or otherwise distribute any merchandise or product containing such a photograph, drawing or design in any size, scale or colour.
[47/98;25/2002]

(2) Except with the permission of the Authority, no person shall import, manufacture, sell, circulate or otherwise distribute any merchandise or product containing any design or part thereof used in or on any currency note or coin.

Dudes, those pics are interesting but not wanting to be a wet blanket, it is illegal to
circulate such pics around. See sect below of Currency Act.

Restriction on use of photographs, drawing or design of currency notes and coins in advertisements, etc.

20. —(1) Except with the permission of the Authority, no person shall —

(a) in any size, scale or colour, use any photograph of or any drawing or design resembling any currency note or coin or part thereof, in any advertisement; or

(b) import, manufacture, sell, circulate or otherwise distribute any merchandise or product containing such a photograph, drawing or design in any size, scale or colour.
[47/98;25/2002]

(2) Except with the permission of the Authority, no person shall import, manufacture, sell, circulate or otherwise distribute any merchandise or product containing any design or part thereof used in or on any currency note or coin.

Point noted. Thank you all for the comments on this thread. Better to be safe than to be sorry - Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.