2 degree ice art singapore

ediew

Mar 6, 2012
Hi seniors photographer out there, I need help with a question. Will my camera Canon EOS 600D with Sigma 10-20mm able to take it in the 2degree ice art? As tmr I will be going.

Hi seniors photographer out there, I need help with a question. Will my camera Canon EOS 600D with Sigma 10-20mm able to take it in the 2degree ice art? As tmr I will be going.

I brought my slr in and after I came out, my slr was very wet from the condensation. I have to hurry home and put it in my dry cabinet as I was really afraid it would really cause it to spoil. It would be best not to bring it if you ask me. Too risky:nono:

I once brought my 550D and 17-55mm lens to HarBin <0 degrees. Came back with no issues.

I brought my slr in and after I came out, my slr was very wet from the condensation. I have to hurry home and put it in my dry cabinet as I was really afraid it would really cause it to spoil. It would be best not to bring it if you ask me. Too risky:nono:

Yeah same issue here I was worry about the condensation too :/

I once brought my 550D and 17-55mm lens to HarBin <0 degrees. Came back with no issues.

Did you brought drybox with you? How you manage to avoid those condensation?

Yes it will survive. I've brought MFT Pen cameras to sub zero temperatures, it's about knowing how to care for them.

After using the camera , place it into a air tight ziplock before leaving the premises to minimize condensation.

Leave the camera inside for around 5-10 mins before removing it from the ziplock.

The reasons behind can be found using a search on clubsnap :) I'm sure someone made a sticky on preventive care measures on bringing camera equipment to cold areas.

Last edited:
Yes it will survive. I've brought MFT Pen cameras to sub zero temperatures, it's about knowing how to care for them. After using the camera , place it into a air tight ziplock before leaving the premises to minimize condensation. Leave the camera inside for around 5-10 mins before removing it from the ziplock. The reasons behind can be found using a search on clubsnap :) I'm sure someone made a sticky on preventive care measures on bringing camera equipment to cold areas.

There you go :)

bring a Lock-n-Lock box large enough for your equipment, with silica gel (drying gel) inside.

Insert cold camera into box before leaving cold environment.

Stop being paranoid. How would we get Winter pictures and other scenery if people were so afraid? How come Canon and other can sell cameras in Japan (their home country!) whee they have Winter and there is no Winter Warning in the Manual?
If such massive condensation occurs (which is somewhat predictable with the basics of science education) then switch it off and remove all batteries, let the camera simply warm up. That's it. After maybe 30 minutes the camera will have normal temperature again and you can use it.

I brought my ricoh GXR to the ice art. Came out will major condensation all over. Just wipe them off gently will do. May also help if u put on ur lens cap before u exit (i forgot).

I search online and saw something cool to share with you all is before exiting the room put your equipment into a ziplock bag so eventually it will act as a temporary air con box for the dslr to slowly gain back it normal temperature

I brought my ricoh GXR to the ice art. Came out will major condensation all over. Just wipe them off gently will do. May also help if u put on ur lens cap before u exit (i forgot).

When you're out during winter in Harbin, the air is rather dry. Condensation happens when you exit a cold area into a warm environment.

So TS, did your camera survived the trip?