2 days in Bali, what to do what to see ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
hello

hi guys, next week I'll be in Bali, after work I'll have 2.5 days to relax there. Any idea what's the best way to get around ? I would like to take a look a some nice locations for future shoots, any suggestions ? and of course lastly, the most important any thing that I should look out for so that I won't get into any sticky situation ?

cheers
rgs
rueyloon

what sort of location are you interested in?... mountains, temples, beaches, village life, etc... if you are going numerous places in two days, I suggest getting a car + driver... the driver/hotel concierge can also give advice on little known spots...

the thing to look out for? smile and be polite when asking for help... the people there would usually be very helpful when thus approached, even on some dusty village road... and don't pat the top of the head of kids (heads of anyone really)... :)

Last edited:
are you alone? if you are alone then perhaps not so economical to hire a driver and guide.

can consider all the package land tours that a lot of tour agencies have, depending on where you are staying. safety in bali is not really an issue based on my own experience, so long as you stay on the beaten track. you probably have to worry more about monkeys than humans.

personally i think despite being overshot, pura tanah lot is a must-see location. as are the rice fields of jatiluwih.

2 days is just enough to enjoy the night life and bars. Just book a hotel and chill out in all the famous bars, pub and discos :D

2 days is just enough to enjoy the night life and bars. Just book a hotel and chill out in all the famous bars, pub and discos :D

Funny enough, I'll be traveling with my dad, so I think those locations will be out.:bsmilie:

what sort of location are you interested in?... mountains, temples, beaches, village life, etc... if you are going numerous places in two days, I suggest getting a car + driver... the driver/hotel concierge can also give advice on little known spots...

the thing to look out for? smile and be polite when asking for help... the people there would usually be very helpful when thus approached, even on some dusty village road... and don't pat the top of the head of kids (heads of anyone really)... :)

Paid for a 1... or half day tour.

Yes..... they will take you to some of those 'tourist trap' places, but with you being only there for 2 days.... one of the easiest option. The roads in Bali isn't bad.... but no way as safe as around S'pore. Once out of Kuta, into the villages..... you have to watch for potholes.

Went to Bali in June... Had a nice trip. Enjoyed UBUD very much. Actually planned 1 night there. Was very fortunate to extend to 2 nights. No regrets!

There are rice terrace padi fields around ubud... and if you are there, please don't miss dinner at the Dirty Duck Restuarant...

There is a nice (small) padi field at the back of the restaurant. Cheap and Good! We were lucky to get a spot on the second floor.... Quite a nice and relaxing place. Went there just before sunset, and the setting was very nice...

http://www.agungraka.com/bebekbengil/

There is also a photo opportunity for Sunset shots at Kuta Beach... You will have the sun setting into the ocean... Kuta beach is not beautiful, but I think the sunset there is quite nice...

My 2 cents..

Wasn't there for photo shoot... so, can't say much about shoot locations.... :)

Either way, i'll recommended The Living Room and The Macaroni Club restaurants in Bali. Latter is serving excellent italian cuisine and chef is somemore local too.

The Living Room
Petitenget 200xx, Kerobokan, Kuta, Gianyar District, Bali

Macaroni Club i only can rmb that it's also in Kuta..

And a word of caution, if you're planning to be late out at the famous locations, keep an eye on suspicious characters - Bali have already been bombed twice.

Ubud area : paddy fields, art village, traditional dancer, monkey forrest
Kuta : beach, pub, bar, cafe, resto, rip off tourist destination,
sukawati : art market
candi dasa : cottages along the beach ( not too expensive compare to nusa dua )
jimbaran : nice fresh seafood on the beach ( go to menega cafe, the owner was the chef for 5 star hotel )
Dreamland : in jimbaran area, nice beach....
Bedugul : Big lake on the mountain..... on the way there, stop by at Tofu Resto...where your choices are tofu, or tofu, and tofu

Bali is easy as there is so many guidebooks. Look through one of these guidebooks and decide for yourself what type of photos you would like to take.

Tanah Lot (Temple on Beach)
Gunung Batur (Volcano)
Bersakih (Temple on Volcano Slope)
Kintamani (Temple on Volcano Crater)
Ubud (Ricefields/Dances)
Kuta (Beach/Surfing/Nightlife)
Uluwatu (Temple on Cliff)
Lovina (Dolphins)
Nusa Penida/Tulamben/Menjangan (Underwater)
Monkey Forest (Monkey) :)

I don't know is it just me, it always rains in Bali. By looking at so many paddy fields can know already. Most of the attractions are not in one way or one direction, therefore don't think can cover all the places in short 2 1/2 days. But may pinpoint few attractions that you might want to visit. It depends on what you want to shoot, e.g.: temples, beaches, scenery, paddy fields, markets, village life etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.