2 chinese seventh mth??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinet

Nov 16, 2004
strewberry farm
Just happen to saw the chinese calander, this yr got two chinese seventh mths.... :bigeyes:
scary.

Anyone know why?

clarinet said:
Just happen to saw the chinese calander, this yr got two chinese seventh mths.... :bigeyes:
scary.

Anyone know why?

So you could be active for 2 month...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

u have to ask dunno how many fold of ancestors liao lor... its been programmed like that... unless u wanna contest it...

(anyway, according to my calculation, its to offset for the difference of a year...) take into account of the orbit and rotation.

Anyway, just treat that U got 1 extra month of celebration lor...

1 less month of income for wedding photographers.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u have to ask dunno how many fold of ancestors liao lor... its been programmed like that... unless u wanna contest it...

(anyway, according to my calculation, its to offset for the difference of a year...) take into account of the orbit and rotation.

Anyway, just treat that U got 1 extra month of celebration lor...

celebrate you head :kok:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
its good for you mah, at least you dun have to disguise yourself for 2 months... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
:angry:

Don't worry. Only the 1st 7th month that 'brother' is allow to roam around. The 2nd 7th month is consider not so 'effective' as the 1st one. :)

Cyberian said:
Don't worry. Only the 1st 7th month that 'brother' is allow to roam around. The 2nd 7th month is consider not so 'effective' as the 1st one. :)
Wah, the rules you set one ah?

the Chinese farming calendar is based on solar and lunar phenomena, the months are determined by Moon's orbit (on average the period is 29.5 days) so are slightly shorter than the common solar calendar. but the calender has 'fixed points' like the vernal equinoxes and winter and summer solstices. so if you take a period from one year's winter solstice (day of shortest daylight in northern hemisphere) to the next year's winter solstice, and calculate the number of complete moon orbital periods, you will get the number of months. for a leap year there is 13 orbital periods, therefore 13 months, and therefore a leap month is 'inserted' into the calendar. but i'm not sure how the repeated month is determined.

eikin said:
the Chinese farming calender is based on solar and lunar phenomena, the months are determined by Moon's orbit (on average the period is 29.5 days) so are slightly shorter than the common solar calendar. but the calender has 'fixed points' like the vernal equinoxes and winter and summer solstices. so if you take a period from one year's winter solstice (day of shortest daylight in northern hemisphere) to the next year's winter solstice, and calculate the number of complete moon orbital periods, you will get the number of months. for a leap year there is 13 orbital periods, therefore 13 months, and therefore a leap month is 'inserted' into the calendar. but i'm not sure how the repeated month is determined.

Wow... u do have a understanding of it. :thumbsup:

actually i heard the Chinese are not the only people using lunar orbital period as a main component of their calendar, Muslims', Jews' and Hindus' calendars are said to follow that as well, but i can't confirm cause i never study them

Status
Not open for further replies.