2 Canon Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limsgp

Dec 16, 2005
Singapore, Bedok
Hi,

I've noticed that some of the pictures that I've taken are not as sharp as those posted in the forum. Not sure if it is because my pictures are poorly taken or because the other pictures have gone thru Post-Processing like sharpenng etc....

I posted one picture here, taken by 2 different lens. Please help me to evaluate whether the pictures are considered "Sharp", or whether it is out-of-focus.

Both 100% Crop, EOS350D, no PP.

LHS is Shutter 1/200sec, F/7.1
RHS is Shutter 1/200sec, F/5.6

Thanks for any input & advise!

2_Lens-4.jpg

Both of them are not sharp tho the left is a little better than the right. What lens are you using? What is the iso setting?

ISO100

EF50mm F1.2L & EFS18-55mm F3.5~5.6 @ 55mm.

I suppose at F/7.1, chances of focusing error is quite small right? Anyone have a 100% Crop of pictures by the 50mm F1.2L to show (no PP)?

what is the AF mode you use?
One Shot?
AI Focus?
AI Servo?

subject seems to be suffering from motion blur. i am assuming you are using One Shot AF..
you might want to take photos of still objects to see if it is lens fault.. :think:

I tried an EF 50 F1.2L @ wide open F/1.2 the pic is still sharp.
When I stop down to F/2.8 or smaller, ther pic is super sharp.
Will yours is a bad copy?...:embrass:

One Shot.

motion blur @ 1/200sec..? It's quite close also.. less then 10m from the subject I guess.. After all, it's a 50mm lens.

I tried the lens during the EOS day.. now no chance to try liao....

what is the AF mode you use?
One Shot?
AI Focus?
AI Servo?

subject seems to be suffering from motion blur. i am assuming you are using One Shot AF..
you might want to take photos of still objects to see if it is lens fault.. :think:

hmm.. how about the one on the RHS by the kit lens? is that the best sharpness that this lens can deliver? Or can it be better?

I tried an EF 50 F1.2L @ wide open F/1.2 the pic is still sharp.
When I stop down to F/2.8 or smaller, ther pic is super sharp.
Will yours is a bad copy?...:embrass:

hmm.. how about the one on the RHS by the kit lens? is that the best sharpness that this lens can deliver? Or can it be better?

Both lenses should do better than that.

you are right at 1/200, that should take care of motion blur. it doesn't even seem like back focusing as the back is equally blur. :dunno:

What jpeg quality did you save in L, M or S??

Status
Not open for further replies.