2 books! Help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

winzee

Apr 17, 2008
Hey guys

i currently have Understanding Exposures by Bryan Peterson

Should i get ? (both are 1 dollar apart in price..)
1) Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson
2) The Digital Photography book by Scott Kelby

Also, have you guys heard of Thom Hogen? Are his complete guides good?
http://www.bythom.com/nikond90guide.htm

Thanks for your inputs!

Hey guys

i currently have Understanding Exposures by Bryan Peterson

Should i get ? (both are 1 dollar apart in price..)
1) Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson
2) The Digital Photography book by Scott Kelby

Also, have you guys heard of Thom Hogen? Are his complete guides good?
http://www.bythom.com/nikond90guide.htm

Thanks for your inputs!

2 options

1)no need to buy.surf more web.tons of info.

2)$ no object, buy all.

my suggestion, winzee

is to borrow these books from the library

if you think any of worth keeping, buy them.

personally, i find photobooks much more worth keeping than technique books, but that's me. :)

you can find both books from national library, and do a catalogue search from NLB site you will know which brands has the books available.

if you really need to buy, the first book is better, since the info won't be outdated.

btw, third book you won't be able to find it in the library, it may be more useful for new user, so no comment on the book.

you can find both books from national library, and do a catalogue search from NLB site you will know which brands has the books available.

if you really need to buy, the first book is better, since the info won't be outdated.

Bishan branch is quite good.. lots of book on photography

haha thanks man

set aside 20-30% of the pay or monthly allowance to buy books to your interest of learning, but before buying, spend 2 - 3 hours in the shop going thro each book which you are contemplating, if after 3 hours still cannot decide means you can buy both, if not get the one which provide the info that you're need more urgently then next time come back for the other one. Actually, I am the one who likes to grab all, but books are getting more expensive these days, hoping that the price will go down with the recession, that will be the time for shopping. In the mean time save/make/earn more money first.

make use of the library... u paid taxes for it, and there are quite a lot of up to date books there...;) though there are many information on the net, it might get a little confusing as most are not as structured as a book for beginners.

book no.2 is essential if you are a learner. book no.1 can comes later on, or you can learn by/from looking at other's works in the gallery. Book 2 is technical while book 1 is conceptual, if you cannot drive a car properly, don't think of drifting it.

book no.2 is essential if you are a learner. book no.1 can comes later on, or you can learn by/from looking at other's works in the gallery. Book 2 is technical while book 1 is conceptual, if you cannot drive a car properly, don't think of drifting it.

haha
kk
thanks man!
i decided to just get both.. since borders is now having a super discount
but i agree with what you say.. i should learn to drive first then drift later

Status
Not open for further replies.