2.1, 3.3 or 4mp??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by chenwei

mm... like that huh.... sounds strange ;p

i am planing to buy one also, currently targeting 5700. still waiting my salary... :eek: i also feel heart pain but just think of i will regret after buying a cheap one, and once the money out, it will no longer worth that much, so even pain also need to go for higher end... :cry:

last time i asked around a new 5700 just $1550 ler... anyone get lower price than this?

budget was a concern for me too, so I spend 2-3 months to evaluate all the various options (mainly long zoom cameras) before I upgrade from Casio QV2900UX. finally settled on the Fujifilm S602Z :) Nikon Coolpix 5700 was announced just before my purchase but I find the specs and performance wasn't impressive enough to justify the additional $400 over the S602Z. The $400 could get you a lot of accessories which would increase your photograhy experience more than the what 5700 brings (mainly slighltly higher resolution, longer zoom and flip-out LCD but it also bring slower autofocus, slower burst mode, high battery consumption, lack of focus ring).

Do the sums, don't just go for the brand ;p

Originally posted by stk

Guess I'm one of those guys that prefer to go for value for money stuff rather than needing the latest high end stuff. The 5700 and E10 were only at the back of my mind as possible options if I can convince myself to spend that much. For digital camera, I feel that technology is still improving pretty fast lor.. so those expensive new high end stuff tends to become more affordable and mainstream after a year or two.. Just a couple years back, a 3.3mp Canon G1 was considered top of the line (consumer cam) and the item of desire for many.. costing ard $1.4k (if i remember correctly). Today even 4mp cameras like the G2 are better and more affordable liao..

Btw.. I've bought the C3020 liao.. think will last me for a couple of years before I get tempted to upgrade again.. ;)
i c... anyway after considering my poor thin pocket, i gave up 5700 and bought s602. it's best i can afford and meet what i want... ;p

Just to add on to mpenza's thoughts about setting money aside for the extras... many people tends to forget that additional money is needed for accessories (memory cards, rechargeabe batts etc) after getting the camera.. For me, after getting C3020, I've already spent an additional $58 over the last 2 days just to 'armor' it liao.. now considering getting a more suitable bag for it as well.. :)

Originally posted by stk
Just to add on to mpenza's thoughts about setting money aside for the extras... many people tends to forget that additional money is needed for accessories (memory cards, rechargeabe batts etc) after getting the camera.. For me, after getting C3020, I've already spent an additional $58 over the last 2 days just to 'armor' it liao.. now considering getting a more suitable bag for it as well.. :)
How true, how true.... Addiction to accessory/gadget collecting seems to an absolutely inalienable part of photography and of every photographer's life. It just never ends..... "Let me get just one more lens/body/filter/bag/flashgun/tripod/thingy and I'll be satisfied...." :D

But really lah... at the end of the day, what matters is what you do with the tools you've acquired....

Anyone know of any 3 mp camera with a histogram in play back mode?

Originally posted by stk
totally agree... now i am thinking the closeup filters already... :confused:

coming are bags... :cry: i still use my normal bag to put all camera stuffs....

Status
Not open for further replies.