1st USM Outing - Pulau Hantu < >

Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Following the successful expedition to St. John's Island, I am organising another trip to conquer another southern part of Singapore island - Pulau Hantu.

Date : 2 September, 2006, Saturday
Time : 0815 Hours
Meeting Place : Marina South Pier
For those who are driving, you can go straight to the pier to meet us. For those who are taking MRT, alight at Marina MRT and then take bus no. 402 to the pier.
Cost : $25 per person (provided we have 12 persons going). Cost of chartering the boat is $300 for return trip. Hence, we need at least 12 persons to share the cost of chartering the boat

To make full use of our time/cost to the island, it is recommended to spend the whole day there. We shall leave the island at 6pm. Therefore, kindly scehdule your appointments to night time should you have any.

Tings to bring : 1.25 litres of water (at least) and dry rations (you can't buy food in the island)
Tripod and all your gear

What do we shoot at Pulau Hantu? Pulau Hantu is aptly named as "island of ghosts". Pulau Hantu is actually made up of two islets: Pulau Hantu Besar (Big Ghost Island) and Pulau Hantu Kechil (Little Ghost Island).

Pulau Hantu shores is ringed by coral reefs with a wide variety of corals can be found on Pulau Hantu, and mushroom corals are particularly abundant in the waters surrounding the islands.

There is a small patch of mangroves between Pulau Hantu Kecil and Pulau Hantu Besar, where native seashore plants also line their beaches.

Scenic, Birding and Macro photography shall dominate.

Come and join us for a nature walk, and photography. :)

on! where to take ferry? same place in sentosa again?

dfstan said:
on! where to take ferry? same place in sentosa again?

Thanks Bro for the support. No, we can't take the ferry from Sentosa as there is none.

I am still working out the details. :)

USM - for this kind of outer island arrangement, I think you will probably have to privately chartered a boat there. Last time there used to be another small jetty near to Jurong. Don't know if it is still in existence. This will save you alot boat riding time. Or they used to board from Clifford Pier but now nomore!!
Alternatively, there are small private jetties along Pandan River side and if you can find the boatmen there, they may be able to pick you up. If you have your own private boat, after shooting can do some fishing!!!

So Fun! I wanna go! Put my name down.

Maybe bring my IR stuff to see what appears around the islands

List :

1) USM
2) dfstan
3) ullyss
4) Xing

Hi folks,

You may contact this number 1800-736 8672 (Sentosa) for their list of private bumboat operators. According to them, the pier to embark from is at Marina Pier. I only have these 2phone numbers: 6532 2661 and 6534 1233.

Called the 1st number and was told they dun go to Pulau Hantu as its very far :cry:

Another useful number to call:6736662 (Singapore Tourism Board)

Hope this helps.

1) USM
2) dfstan
3) ullyss
4) Xing
5) Justshot

USM said:
Tings to bring : 1.25ml of water (at least)

That's about 1/3 of a spoon...

Is there going to be diving support?

diediealsomustdive said:
That's about 1/3 of a spoon...

Is there going to be diving support?

Thanks for the reminder. It's a typo error. :embrass:

It should be at least 1.25 litres.

No diving support as this is not a diving trip.

Latest updated list :

1) USM
2) dfstan
3) ullyss
4) Xing
5) Justshot
6) Canew + wife
7) Mezzotint
8) Cecil

Tentative :

1) kenny

Mezzotint said:
Hi USM, yr PM box is full. Cant PM you. Please kindly clear it up. Thanks. :)

Hi,

Inbox cleared. :)

Confirmed list :

1) USM
2) Adrian
3) justshot
4) Xing
5) Canew
6) Canew's wife
7) Mezzotint
8) Cecil
9) jimho
10) Eric

Tentative :

1) kenny

In view of the bad weather for the past few days, I reckon that it's better to postpone the trip to Oct. No point stuck in the island where we can't shoot at all. Spend so much money and time, and yet achieve no result.

Luckily, I have yet booked the boat because I sensed that the weather could be bad. Hence, I was monitoring the weather for the past few days. I guess that the raining season has started, much earlier?

Anyway, since all of us have already made ourselves available for the whole day for the trip, why let the rain dampen our shooting spirit? At least we are still on mainland, so it's should be fine. As such, I will organise a trip to four locations, starting from Yishun. Of course, if time and weather allowed, then we can go to 4 places, else 1-2 locations should be fine.

Date : 2 September, 2006, Saturday
Time : 0800 Hours
Meeting Place : Yishun MRT Taxi stand

Status
Not open for further replies.