1st trip to Taiwan

Aha that's quite a late reply for him. He must be there right now. I myself went from 8 to 14 nov.

Taiwan (also known as Formosa) is an island country in the western Pacific and east of mainland China. It is the nationalist government of China since 1949.

--------------------------------------------
SEO
Organic SEO

And the purpose of saying that?

Taiwan (also known as Formosa) is an island country in the western Pacific and east of mainland China. It is the nationalist government of China since 1949.

--------------------------------------------
SEO
Organic SEO

What are you trying to do here? :thumbsd:

Just returned from Taiwan, luggage haven't even opened yet.

Went there from 15th Nov to 23rd Nov.

ahhh i going during dec period. wonder how will the weather be like. thinking of bringing 10.5, 12-24, 17-50 and 85. d90 and nikon FE. sufficient?

I covered basically the entire Taiwan except for Hualien and Kenting.
Was actually supposed to go to Hualien but the roads there have collapsed, but it was repaired the day before i was heading to Hualien.
Our driver didn't dare to drive as it was just repaired, so we didn't go to Hualien.

I think just a PnS is enough to cover the trip.
If you insist on bringing your gear, just take the 17-50 with you, its more than enough,

Wow why would you say a PNS is enough to cover the trip? Somemore your gear so powerful already.

ahhh i going during dec period. wonder how will the weather be like. thinking of bringing 10.5, 12-24, 17-50 and 85. d90 and nikon FE. sufficient?

You could include a zoom if possible? Doesn't add much weight since this is already what you intend to bring. The weather should be colder than what I experienced when I was there last week. The city area us not too cold, can survive without thick clothing if you have enough meat on you haha. But the mountains and more natural places would be cold especially when the cold wind blows. Sorry ah still in army.

I covered basically the entire Taiwan except for Hualien and Kenting.
Was actually supposed to go to Hualien but the roads there have collapsed, but it was repaired the day before i was heading to Hualien.
Our driver didn't dare to drive as it was just repaired, so we didn't go to Hualien.

I think just a PnS is enough to cover the trip.
If you insist on bringing your gear, just take the 17-50 with you, its more than enough,

Wow why would you say a PNS is enough to cover the trip? Somemore your gear so powerful already.

Its pretty pointless to bring so many wide angle lenses for the trip. I would suggest you to bring your D90 along with 17-50mm and 10.5mm or 12-24mm if you want some really wide shots.

But like what ismokeweed79 has mentioned, a good PnS would most probably see you through the trip with some nice images unless you don't mind lugging the bag of equipments around.

As for temperature, a comfortable cotton t-shirt is enough if it doesn't rain.
Just keep a light windbreaker in your bag.
Don't forget to bring an extra pair of shoes, its the rainy season now and you don't want to wet your shoes on the first day and let it disrupt your entire trip.

Hi people, feeling very cooped up in sunny Singapore so thinking of going to Taiwan hopefully in December ... any advice for a first timer? To make matters even more interesting, I've never been out of the country alone ...

Any advice is much appreciated! :)

Hi people, feeling very cooped up in sunny Singapore so thinking of going to Taiwan hopefully in December ... any advice for a first timer? To make matters even more interesting, I've never been out of the country alone ...

you wanna go there do wat? makan, shopping etc...?

Mainly makan; visit a couple of picturesque places ... hopefully they are not too far from the hotel; not meant to be an ambitious first trip ...

taipei the transport system very gd, so no worries abt gng far.

are u on free and easy?:think:

check out one of the CS threads. i gave a blow by blow account of a few places where u could try to go...

are u on free and easy?:think:

check out one of the CS threads. i gave a blow by blow account of a few places where u could try to go...
Care to share a link to which thread?
Will be there this coming weekend for about 3 nights.
Cheers

Hi again, any hotel to recommend which is easy for an amateur traveller to move about?

First time travelling out of Singapore alone so will be asking really dumb questions ... :embrass:

Hi again, any hotel to recommend which is easy for an amateur traveller to move about?

First time travelling out of Singapore alone so will be asking really dumb questions ... :embrass:

I used "Brother Hotel" on my last trip, next to an MRT station. You can google for it. Lots of Japs use this.

I am staying at Shangri-la this time round.