1st Sporting Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivetree

Sep 14, 2007
new at sports photography, this was taken in a fast and speedy match. hope i get the detail and wonder of the game. The shoot was taken when they have a fast break. Pls give me some feedback on the compose, detail and other, so that can improve on my shooting skill. 1/395 sec, lens aperture F5.7, iso 800
1458181529_76722160d7.jpg

1458181529_76722160d7.jpg

Nice job in freezing the action. But...

You did not capture the moment of that layup. Do you play basketball? Or at least watch alot of it? If you do, then you would know what I'm talking about. The key to good sports photos lies in capturing the peak of the action, the expressions of the players.

Composition-wise, I think this shot could have benefited from being able to see the hoop and backboard. You could also try getting a dramatic perspective by lying down on the floor or if you have the right gear, mounting the camera on top of the backboard and triggering it remotely.

txs for ur comment

Basically the freeze did not provide the depth of the subject. Either you compose based on the ball perspective or the player perspective. In this instance, 3rd party audience doesn't entice the view.

can i ask is that person doing the lay up or about to snatch a rebound, coz his "in the air "posture abit weird .coz it look like he is jumping backwards to either release the ball ( layup) or catch the ball ( rebound) :):D

can i ask is that person doing the lay up or about to snatch a rebound, coz his "in the air "posture abit weird .coz it look like he is jumping backwards to either release the ball ( layup) or catch the ball ( rebound) :):D

the guy have a fast break and putting the ball into the net

Status
Not open for further replies.