1st ever Point-and-shoot only Outing!!! NO SLRs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
ok, i've heard and seen so much discussion about people saying that we spend too much time discussing tech specs and what's the latest gizmo and whiizbang D-SLR, and not enough time shooting and taking photos, so i'm taking the lead to organize...

ClubSNAP's first Point-and-Shoot only outing!!! :rbounce:

Date - 5th April Saturday (a week from now)
Place - Chinatown or Little India
Time - 10.30am
Meet @ Peninsula BK first, to get films, supplies (& breakfast) first, then set off by 11am.

Conditions:-
- no SLRs or cameras with detachable lenses (meaning no expensive Leicas or Contaxes either)
- digicams and prosumer cams welcome
- no tripods or teleconverters longer than my arm
- all brands welcome (even lomos and holgas)

the idea is to get people out of the CP/AP shops and onto the streets, using the bare essentials and TAKE PHOTOS! the first joker who whips out a DSLR will get his precious cam confiscated by me for the duration of the outing, in exchange for a Kodak disposable cam. unless you're bigger or heavier than me, in which case i'll only give you dirty looks and nag you to death. :D

i'll be using a film P&S if any of you are wondering, with plenty of bulk-roll slides and Kodak T400CN film.

so, is any1 game? put your name here!!!

1. Larry
2. ...
3. ...
4. ...

SHUCKS - can't go. Organise a 2nd one after I come back? :)

1. Larry
2. Darren
4. IVOR

Maybe its time to dust off me ol Canon AS-1 and get back to basics.

1. Larry
2. Darren
3. MoriMori
4. IVOR

Originally posted by MoriMori
Maybe its time to dust off me ol Canon AS-1 and get back to basics.
that's the spirit!!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by pegasus1010
DZLR can go? :(
E10/20 issit? sure sure, welcome welcome. like i said (somewhere), it's all in the spirit of the outing - stop thinking about what you're using to shoot and concentrate on what you should be shooting. :D

just don't come with a teleconverter attachement that's longer than my arm. ;)

Originally posted by Larry

the first joker who whips out a DSLR will get his precious cam confiscated by me for the duration of the outing, in exchange for a Kodak disposable cam. unless you're bigger or heavier than me, in which case i'll only give you dirty looks and nag you to death. :D

[/B]

okay ... who volunteer to be the "first" joker ... then onwards we can take out the SLR ... :D

wait i am a bit confuse .. no SLR or NO DSLR ? heading and message differnet leh ... ( no (D) SLR in general i infer ) :rolleyes:

maybe nokia 7650 can already .. or ericsson cam ... hee hee

1. Larry
2. Darren
3. MoriMori
4. IVOR
5. Dagger
6. SMM (+ Togu who promise to let me use his shoulder as tripod) :devil:

Originally posted by oceanxp
wait i am a bit confuse .. no SLR or NO DSLR ? heading and message differnet leh ... ( no (D) SLR in general i infer ) :rolleyes:
D-SLR is still SLR what... :D

ok put it this way, any camera which needs a mounted lens is a no-no.

wah lau... can't use my old trusty Yashica FX3????? my first camera leh. and me no have P&S.... sian.

:eek: :D interesting ... also very light weight !!

Originally posted by mervlam
wah lau... can't use my old trusty Yashica FX3????? my first camera leh. and me no have P&S.... sian.
aiyah, like i said, it's the spirit that counts. don't think any1 will give you the dirty eye if you use your Yashica. ;)

and you're welcome to play with my Holga/Lomo if you interested in that sorta thing.

Originally posted by oceanxp
:eek: :D interesting ... also very light weight !!
ya isn't it? it'll be a welcome break to carry a small waistpouch instead of lugging a massive camera bag around (which i do everyday). :D

i got some feedback that this seems to be a film-based outing. let me emphasize - it's NOT. referring to my first post, let me repeat...

"digicams and prosumer cams welcome"!!!

so all you folks with the S602Zs and A20/40s and what-nots, pls feel free to come down without feeling like you need to bring your sunday best equipment.

come come dun shy!!!

1. Larry
2. Darren
3. MoriMori
4. IVOR
5. Dagger
6. SMM (+ Togu who promise to let me use his shoulder as tripod):devil:
7. pegasus1010 (DZLR)

Status
Not open for further replies.