1st ever Point-and-shoot only Outing!!! NO SLRs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Almond
*In an unlikely situtation that i'm able to make it*

Larry, *Sea Gull* TLR with handheld meter can use???
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :embrass:
caaaaaaan...

Originally posted by kongg
erm can bring along my Clie NZ90 wif built in 2mega pixel DC??
caaaaaaaaaan......

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Dun like that lah...a EOS 88 plus a 50mm has a value of less than $250 also can lah... ;p
also caaaaaaaaan......

ok people, must understand my motives, this is a back-to-basics outing. to be perfectly honest, i'm not gonna stop any1 from lugging along their DSLRs and 400mm f/2.8 lens, but pls, with all the talk about equipment measurbation and what-nots, let's all just take a step back and get back to what's impt - taking photos and sticking to our fundamentals.

time and time it's been said, it's not the camera that counts, it's how you use it.

right guys & gals?

I think it will be more fun and less debate if you simply set the rule to using only disposable cameras.:D

Too bad I cannot join you guys on this one. Have fun!

- Roy

I think the main concern why people go Digital is to save on the developing costs I know for sure photography is the love of many singaporeans (including me) just that due to the film costs and developing costs, most of us just shun away from it.

So if you put a rule say disposable, I think very very hard :D

But if the idea here is go for a photography session, think any camera is fine, just that people would bring heavy artilery along like DSLRs or SLRs to take pictures, I believe they are the ones like us who wants to take good shots too :)

Just go out and have some fun :)

Just my $0.02 cents... a simple thought... photography is to be fun... of course with the right equipment ;) not expensive equipment, think any type of camera is fine... as long as one's motive is right

dun flame me pls... :) i'm just thinking very simply.... I don't mean to say nor mean anything intended otherwise.

Originally posted by roygoh
I think it will be more fun and less debate if you simply set the rule to using only disposable cameras.:D

Too bad I cannot join you guys on this one. Have fun!

- Roy

:gbounce: :rbounce: :gbounce:

* togu rush to buy some disposable cam.

Heheh,

It's just a simple outing, to have some fun of shooting without discussing about cameras all the time instead. To be frank, I don't think Larry will chase anyone away if they are using some big bazookas on that day, but that'll really make this outing meaningless.

So I'll say, bring whatever you are comfortable with (if you feel comfortable being the only 1 holding a 2kg gear while the rest holding something less then 500g, be with it.), at the end of the day, it's the fun that counts.

Unless someone wants to discuss about disposable cams, that violates the purpose of this trip too. :p

Originally posted by espn
So if you put a rule say disposable, I think very very hard :D

But if the idea here is go for a photography session, think any camera is fine, just that people would bring heavy artilery along like DSLRs or SLRs to take pictures, I believe they are the ones like us who wants to take good shots too :)

Just go out and have some fun :)

Just my $0.02 cents... a simple thought... photography is to be fun... of course with the right equipment ;) not expensive equipment, think any type of camera is fine... as long as one's motive is right

Hehe, don't stress yourself, it's suppose to be just a fun, simple point and shoot outing. Bring a disposable cam, walk around, nice? snap and go.

Not gonna be like some serious phototaking session, mount tripod, light metering, reflectors sort of shooting.

:)

I am sad, the timing I can't make it... unless I don't go to work... :cry:

Originally posted by togu
Unless someone wants to discuss about disposable cams, that violates the purpose of this trip too. :p

So which disposable cam is good.
I heard Fuji xtra 800 waterproof .... or that ....etc:rbounce:

Hehe, don't stress yourself, it's suppose to be just a fun, simple point and shoot outing. Bring a disposable cam, walk around, nice? snap and go.

Not gonna be like some serious phototaking session, mount tripod, light metering, reflectors sort of shooting.

:)

That should be it...
Da main theme is fun...Just simple basic snap shot...It can be fun when u can overcome da limitation of ur tools...

Imagine da fun "Crap! my disposable camera is jammed!" "My hand so shaky, give me some crack, quick!"....Or "Wah liew, zoom no enough!" Sneak under da table, jump over da fence, climb da wall, climb da lamp post, whatever just to get a good shot...:D

Guess I'm a bit crazy today, well... its friday!...:rbounce:

Originally posted by henavs
That should be it...
Da main theme is fun...Just simple basic snap shot...It can be fun when u can overcome da limitation of ur tools...

Imagine da fun "Crap! my disposable camera is jammed!" "My hand so shaky, give me some crack, quick!"....Or "Wah liew, zoom no enough!" Sneak under da table, jump over da fence, climb da wall, climb da lamp post, whatever just to get a good shot...:D

Guess I'm a bit crazy today, well... its friday!...:rbounce:

:gbounce:

Might end up cursing and swearing few days after, when you collected your pics, but who cares, we have had the fun!! :p

If I were to go on this, I have to go back to school (......) and get my digital camera...

d7t3.... (with all respect due) are you going back to school and this trip?
If you are, please help me 'break' into locker 2 in the CAC room to get my camera....

Should I, or should I not?

Ah... yes I see your point now. Using disposable cam. I get it now. Yep, u're right. Using a disposable will make everybody more into getting a good shot... :) cos no zoom.. shaky hands.. everything!!! :)

But now how come everybody start asking which disposable cam is good??? :bsmilie: Cute!

Thumbs up for this outing ;)

Originally posted by Poledra

If I were to go on this, I have to go back to school (......) and get my digital camera...

d7t3.... (with all respect due) are you going back to school and this trip?
If you are, please help me 'break' into locker 2 in the CAC room to get my camera....

Should I, or should I not?

U Shud :D

Yo Brother,

Remember the trip to Chinatown.....the old lady and man shooh away photographers.....

WIth P&S the group WILL look like a tourist group. So In Chinatown Market.....more chance to take photo. If can...make some little badge CS logo printout....than use some double sided tape to make the group look like tourist.

And Larry holding a little red or clourful flag...to lead the pack. The rest would sling their camera over their neck like Japs.....

I'm sure it will be afun day.

regards,
me

Originally posted by sulhan
Yo Brother,

Remember the trip to Chinatown.....the old lady and man shooh away photographers.....

WIth P&S the group WILL look like a tourist group. So In Chinatown Market.....more chance to take photo. If can...make some little badge CS logo printout....than use some double sided tape to make the group look like tourist.

And Larry holding a little red or clourful flag...to lead the pack. The rest would sling their camera over their neck like Japs.....

regards,
me

I would definitely carry a spore map with me wherever I go...there's still lots of place I dun know, i'm still a tourist, u know...:p

Yo Brother,

regards,
me

:eek:

:p

It's just a simple outing, to have some fun of shooting without discussing about cameras all the time instead. To be frank, I don't think Larry will chase anyone away if they are using some big bazookas on that day, but that'll really make this outing meaningless.

So I'll say, bring whatever you are comfortable with (if you feel comfortable being the only 1 holding a 2kg gear while the rest holding something less then 500g, be with it.), at the end of the day, it's the fun that counts.
yup yup, you just summed up my thoughts exactly. put the fun back into photography man!!!

i did think about disposables, but i think that's too restrictive. and they're not cheap either. i think most digicams or a cheap P&S with film is about the same price on a per-roll cost, and deliver much better results. i've gotten a whole series of pixs @ Sungei Road market that way...

ya ya i remember... like when i go Sungei Road, i bring my itsy-bitsy P&S. otherwise i'll get a whole lot of dirty looks...

but red flag? erm, no lah i don't think so. too :embrass: , like leading a Chinese troupe like that hahahha

Originally posted by Dagger
Togu, I have spare P&S, Olympus, 35mm, 3.5, would like to use it on that day?

Mju? Er....I'm thinking of disposable actually, shoot once, throw.
Will confirm with you again. thanks! :gbounce:

so the peeps going now stands at...

1. Larry
2. Darren
3. MoriMori
4. Togu (who promise to let SMM use his shoulder as tripod)
5. Dagger
6. SMM
7. pegasus1010
8. Henavs
9. ...

any1 else? just had a thought... any1 interested to go Sungei Road market? it's hot as [censored] but very interesting to wander around. got plenty old old cameras there. beside, it's right next to Little India...

Status
Not open for further replies.