Clementi
www.krasnajaphoto.com

Shot with Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL at 2007-06-29
f/3.5
1/4s
ISO1600
Handheld
using 400D + kit lens @18mm

I look out the window and i saw the moon shining quite brightly tonight. So i took out my cam and started taking a few shots, but finally settling on this one. I wanted to show the moon shining by itself and the block of flat to be some what "lifeless" brining in an overall feeling and tone of loneliness and quiet

I wanted to cover more of the sky, but i live on the 4th floor and that is the best i can squeeze without cutting of the building

tips and comments(good or bad) greatly appreciated

actually this angel is very good to me. elevation to the moon..... i would advice tripod, iso 100, 8 sec,smallest aperture, set to infinite focus. iso1600 is quite noisy. use can use neatimage to reduce noise. btw, you have a pair of stable hands! wish to see more from you =)

actually this angel is very good to me. elevation to the moon..... i would advice tripod, iso 100, 8 sec,smallest aperture, set to infinite focus. iso1600 is quite noisy. use can use neatimage to reduce noise. btw, you have a pair of stable hands! wish to see more from you =)

i put my elbows on a small ledge :p

yea i wouldve done a tripod but theres space restrictions, and furthermore my tripod iznt very good, is those cheap ones where u blow at it and it shakes lol

the car park and the lamp posts do not add to the picture, maybe you should not include them.

I believe even a basic tripod would have helped to increase the depth of field, I don't think it's that windy in Singapore :bsmilie: At f/3.5 coupled with the image noise it makes the photo look soft. With such a wide 18mm lens, probably should exploit it better with a more majestic view of the flat, unfortunately a wide lens would diminish the moon's size so it depends on what's more important for you. The sight of cars below and lights in the flats give the place hints of life and thus no sense of loneliness or quiet.

Personally i do not think that this pic actually works for me. The lvl of noise here is too much, and such shots should always be taken with a tripod. It would reduce the ISO used conisderably as well as the noise and hand shake. Even if its those that is light, i believe it still can be used. Just to need to stay alert so can save ur camera if the tripod is starting to sway.

to me, i don't understand what it is trying to show. :confused:

you should try with tripod. lower ISO, longer exposure, smaller aperture. you may have star star effect too. :D

there seem to be a flare too, maybe u can remove the filter temporary if u have one on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.