1DX Mark II specification

Canon is strangely silent in regards to the DR, but if Andy Rouse's beta test report is accurate...
ISO 32,000 in grim weather, underexposed deliberately to darken background. Looks like ISO 8000 on the 1DX. Legend.

We are seeing a potentially 2 stop practical improvement in high ISO!

I can't afford the 1DX but that surely looks sweet for the 5D4 and 6D2 to come.
:bigeyes:

http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eos/lineup/1dxmk2/samples/index.html

The high ISO picture is very clean. However, I don't see the detail of the hairs, especially on the Dancer photos. Seems the image quality may not be that significant compare to 1dx. Need more samples to judge.

The AF improvement impressed me. -3EV on center AF point is welcomed. all 61 AF points for f8 is awesome. 4K video is a plus. Rest are minor upgrade that doesn't seems attractive for me to upgrade yet.

1dx for 3k. anyone selling?

Yes, I am happy when price dropped. On the other hand, you don't seem to be very happy when price drops.

By the time 1Dx mark 3 comes out, 1Dx classic will be like 10 years old model. You don't believe it to drop below $2k by then? It's alright. That's your dream, perception, view, whatever you called it, I have no comment. But I do not share your view, etc, and that's my problem. Don't need to be a laughing stock yourself.

Anyway, let not OT anymore. Focus on the TS's topic. For those with deep pocket, go for the mark 2 while those on budget and don't need the latest and best gear, you can wait patiently to get the classic model for under $4k.

Iam even more happy if the 1Dx2 drop to $5k. But what is the point of talking about something that is not going to happen in the near future? Everybody knows that camera equipment will only fall in price so it is not something new to everyone but it is expected. So yes pls do not OT especially talking about something donkey years ahead which is a waste of time. And lastly do mot compare with Nikon if u know the reasons behind it. We should be more constructive and welcome this new model. Thanks

Price of used 1Dx mark 1 will drop significantly.

$3000 or less. Just like Nikon D3s which is now selling below $3000 after the launched of D4 and D4s.

Power bro.
You got lobang 1Dx for $3000?
Me want leh.

Last edited:
Ken Rockwell review here.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/1dx-mk-ii.htm

"The 1DX Mk II is for those with a need for speed: full-time professional news and sports shooters. While this 1DX Mk II is the top choice of most rich amateurs, the 5DSR has better technical image quality and weighs much less. Regardless of price, I prefer my 5DSR unless I'm blazing away at birds or athletes or kids playing.

I'd forget Nikon's now obsolete D5, which was rendered obsolete by this 1DX Mk II even before the D5 shipped. The D5 barely matches the old Canon 1D X top 12 FPS frame rate— and Nikon wants $500 more for it! Man, I'm so glad I upgraded to Canon back in 2012.

For pro news and sports, frame rate is everything. It often can mean the difference between your shot — or someone else's — selling for the cover.

The 1DX Mk II can shoot-through stadium lighting flicker — but not the D5. With the D5 you need a dedicated master strobe system or high frequency ballasts to avoid random dark frames when shooting at high shutter speeds in gymnasiums, arenas and outdoor stadiums at night."

Ken Rockwell? Can we keep the thread on a serious level, please? :bsmilie:

But I do agree with some of his comments that some features of the 1DXmk2 is indeed more superior than Nikon D5.

on paper the later version may be impressed but e photo don't really tell anot. let keep out finger cross and see what the final review it give

Power bro.
You got lobang 1Dx for $3000?
Me want leh.

Wait patiently. Saw a second hand shop already selling at $3600. 1Dx 2 must start selling at the shops before the real impact can be felt.

IDX Mk 2 RRP S$9299 comes with 128Gb CFast card and CFast Card Reader.

Last edited:
IDX Mk 2 RRP S$9299 comes with 128Gb CFast card and CFast Card Reader.

With retailer discount, it will probably be selling at around $8100 to $8400. This is close to the price sold in Amazon or BH Photo at US$6K. Amazon is bundled with 64gb CFast while Singapore is bundled with 126gb CFast.

Last edited:
Almost the same price as 1Dx classic when it was first launched.

Attended the Canon EOS Seminar today at Fusionpolis. Tried the demo 1DXmk2 and had some great fun with it. Operation wise, not much different from the old 1DX. According to Canon staff there, no local pricing yet, not sure how Hardwarezone and our fellow forumner got the above pricing. Anyway, it is a great camera, the speed, the focusing and the feel of the camera. Hope to upgrade to this camera when it is available next month.