1DX gets Molested

spinworkxroy

Feb 12, 2011
Tomorrow's the last day you will get your chance to molest a 1DX with a 28mm IS lens for FREE!

Head over to SAM for the Clubsnap 10th anniversary exhibition space…
You can also molest the D800 and D4 if you want to but i was only interested in the 1DX and i must say, this camera is a BEAST!
The focus was faster than anything i've ever used before and it made my 5D3 feel like a snail…
12fps? More like machine gun if you ask me..
Anyways, i got a good okay with it and most likely that will be my only ever chance playing with one and i throughly enjoyed molesting the camera

576189_10150696294747861_532212860_9509949_913673870_n.jpg

Last edited:
That is the model on display/molest there right?

That is the model on display/molest there right?

Yes it is..you can molest that model..there's only one to molest :) however, not sure if it's under 18yrs old or not haha be careful ah..wait you get call up for interview hehe..

How come my friend don't get to shoot a picture of this pre-production model?

How come my friend don't get to shoot a picture of this pre-production model?

Really? i just asked if i could take a photo of the camera after playing around with it..was chatting with the guy over the counter and talking about the 5D3 vs the 1DX…
I shot this photo with a 5D3…

The guys at the profoto stall lets us play hasselblad h4d 40 utl happy... Dont miss that out

The guys at the profoto stall lets us play hasselblad h4d 40 utl happy... Dont miss that out

Haha, i saw that..but i didn't want to get myself too "poisoned" with MF cameras..sometimes, don't touch is best…wait cannot resist keep coming back for more until kena caught hehe..

spinworkxroy said:
Haha, i saw that..but i didn't want to get myself too "poisoned" with MF cameras..sometimes, don't touch is best…wait cannot resist keep coming back for more until kena caught hehe..

Haha... I can tell u the dynamic range is crazy, sharpness, detail @_@ the best ive ever seen. My 5D mark ii is so much uncomparable to it. Really bad for health

Out of the whole exhibition, i found that only the guys at the canon counter are the least helpful. Im digging through the menu of 1dx to find its mirror lockup settings to unleash 14 fps, the custom function is not very easy to operate for first time. Those guys only say they are still not familiar with the new system. I think thats pretty much the only thing to expect while testing 1dx.

And that annoying placement of zoom button which u have to use with the top dial to pixel peep. Same goes for 5d mark iii. Maybe wont get used to it by demoing for few minutes.

Haha... I can tell u the dynamic range is crazy, sharpness, detail @_@ the best ive ever seen. My 5D mark ii is so much uncomparable to it. Really bad for health

Actually the dynamic range is not that much better than the best FF sensor out there. There was a comparison done by thecamerastoretv on youtube, and it showed that the H4D could pull more details out of highlights but the D800 could pull more details out of shadows. Detail wise it's also very close to D800, but as far as skin tones go, the H4D really shines. However, as far as ISO goes, the H4D is just crap compared to D800.

I'm not promoting the D800 here, but I'm jsut pointing out that the H4D doesn't win that much in dynamic range and sharpness to justify the price. The skin tones are really the factor that puts it above the FF cameras, not detail, sharpness or dynamic range.

brapodam said:
Actually the dynamic range is not that much better than the best FF sensor out there. There was a comparison done by thecamerastoretv on youtube, and it showed that the H4D could pull more details out of highlights but the D800 could pull more details out of shadows. Detail wise it's also very close to D800, but as far as skin tones go, the H4D really shines. However, as far as ISO goes, the H4D is just crap compared to D800.

I'm not promoting the D800 here, but I'm jsut pointing out that the H4D doesn't win that much in dynamic range and sharpness to justify the price. The skin tones are really the factor that puts it above the FF cameras, not detail, sharpness or dynamic range.

Didnt know much about d800 actually. Im agree that h4d can pull out detail out of overexposed picture. Yup, perfect setup for studio portrait, skin tone is great. Most usable iso is also 800 i guess. I should have taken photos with my cf then slowly review at home, haha

Is there a model to point the camera to? :bsmilie:

Got....there are many models there you can point the camera to...There are various models like the 5D3, the 600D, 7D...all different models your an shoot at haha...
Or you can always take the 1DX over to the nikon booth and poke the D4 backside...oops..