1D2 USA price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
US$3400 at B&H after rebate = S$5700

Maybe we should thank D2x release for this :)

erwinx said:
US$3400 at B&H after rebate = S$5700

Maybe we should thank D2x release for this :)

This is an old new liao. Rebate is US$500. That's why people always say that it's cheaper to buy from overseas than Singapore.

Our dear friend F5user just bought his EOS 20D for US$850 in US. Where do we find such price in Singapore. :confused:

USM said:
Our dear friend F5user just bought his EOS 20D for US$850 in US. Where do we find such price in Singapore. :confused:

good price!

when the 1d3 comes out next march. notice the same trend when 1d prices started to fall 6mths before 1d2 came out.

RossChang said:
I wander when will the price drop wave hit singapore?...

This will never happen in Singapore.

Canon Singapore would rather discontinue the products than reducing the prices.

5700 bucks still very ex ;p

Knowing canon, it's only a matter of time before the 1d3 or whatever newer model comes out, and the 1ds will simply be another "outdated" camera...

but i still love my 1ds... *hugz*

when 1d3 comes out..is it possible to grab the 1d @ <$2k?

Wah, dun think its possible, since its a pro body and have to be priced above the lower end models.

user111 said:
when 1d3 comes out..is it possible to grab the 1d @ <$2k?

Properly not. Owners will not sell cheap despite the release of 1D Mk III, etc.

It's like take it or leave it because the market for 1 series cameras is quite small in Singapore. How many people own 1 series cameras in Singapore? Due to the low supply, they will command a higher selling price.

Just for your info, 1D is selling at ~ $3,000 now and there are still takers to suck it. 1D at $1,000++? or <$2,000 is a long long wait for you. :bsmilie:

then i wil pray hard for a $2k 1d for a few mth after 1dmk3 launch..

or else next move is to wait for the 20d replacement and hope its a 1.3x "3D" :cool:

1D at $2K? Honestly, dis one I beg-borrow-steal oso have to get it ah. :bsmilie:

user111 said:
then i wil pray hard for a $2k 1d for a few mth after 1dmk3 launch..

or else next move is to wait for the 20d replacement and hope its a 1.3x "3D" :cool:
My guess.

The xxD series will carry on their current line. 1.6x crop factor.
There'll prolly be a 3 or 5D release. 1.3x crop factor. Its a matter of time before we see 1DMkII disappear entirely or 1DMkII being rebadged as a 3 or 5 series
1-series will go full frame starting from the 1DsMkII onwards. Where the 1DsMkII will go is beyond my imagination... Unless we're looking at MF w/Digital Back by Canon. :eek:

somehow i think the organization of things will remain the same. The 1d series is marketed at press use and most of those ppl i know are quite happy not to have full frame. Heck, we/they hardly ever need anything wider than 21mm anyway. It is always good to maintain 2 pro level bodies since it gives you more room for fighting. Dreams of a mid range 1.3x will probably remain as such for the next few years. The 1.6x 20d more than fit the 3/5d category anyway. Btw, i have no relations in canon so don't quote me.

actually, i can't fathom canon.

those with the ef-s lenses would either ditch them, or get married to the 1.6 crop and the ef-s mount, which means they are stuck to consumer level. of course they could get the regular ef lenses too.

1.3x bodies, gives a much wider angle of view, bright VF, and will work with only ef lenses. i didn't do the math, but it seems the visuals are pretty close between 1x and 1.3x multipliers, while 1.3x and 1.6x give vastly different views.

1x bodies, will give long time film addicts what they've wanted all along - exact 35 mm style visuals.

this has been speculated to death, of course, but this is my first time (should be?) guessing why there will be the 1x, 1.3x and 1.6x bodies for at least 4 more years. dont ask me why 4 hor... just a personal guess only :)

My guess would be. EF-S lenses would be here to stay and their range would be expanded and diversified from the current 4-set to probably primes and other special purpose lens. Prices would probably be pushed down as the market for EF-S lenses stablises.

Why EF-S? Canon will probably continue developing 1.6x DSLRs after the 350D, 20D and beyond as the digital camera market grows. As more and more people pick up this hobby and are prolly contented to shoot with a 1.6x DSLR which costs like 2 or 3K the most (think of buying a computer) den to spend $10K+ on a 1-series (Unless they strike Toto $10m. I strike I oso dun think liao, 1DsMkII oredi). The 1.6x DSLR looks like a good growth market since there ain't any really good prosumer range cams that Canon had come out with.

The EF series will probably be left stagnant (Canon seems to be developing more EF-S lenses these days den EF lens) whilst L lens would probably continue further development (maybe a 2000mm f/2.8? :eek:) as the camera market grows. I don't think Canon would be foolish enuff to develop Ls in the EF-S range as it would only serve to cannibalise sales from full-frame L lenses.

All my assumption. Not accurate dun hammer me. ;p

my guess is that no-one will see a EF-S L lens anytime soon... which, if true, will gravitate people to the full frame of 1.3x markets. let's wait and see :D

Status
Not open for further replies.