1D mk3, out in the market already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle&Sebastain

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
Any professionals own it yet? care to share your thoughts, did you buy the 2nd battery already, where did you purchase it, please PM to share if you are not so comfortable to do it in the public, thanks!;)

hey
not yet out in the states for the general public to buy
i was at BH 2 weeks ago. They said that Canon has yet to release the cameras and will come sometime in May. Singapore probably will follow suit a little later.

Many have cited that the shops in Mongkok (HKG) have already received a few units, retailing at about US$4500

I'm going to check it out in two weeks when I visit Tin Cheung and see if they really have it. They usually do otherwise they won't advertise.

Actually, I was there last week (buying my 85mm f1.2)... Saw the ad on their website too before I left and was hopeful that I'd get to see it in the flesh (I've already pre-ordered mine here).

However, they don't have the stock yet... They said probably end of May they'd get it.

It's actually on sale in Japan already. Plse see this Biccamera website. I was at Biccamera 2 years ago and bought my S80 compact there. I will be going for a holiday in June. May decide to get a D400 or 30D there.

Btw, the 1DmkIII price is 498000 Yen, with a 10% rebate if you are a member. You can get another 5% tax rebate if you are a visitor. Final price in Sin dollars is around $5300. You can join as a member on the spot and its free. The rebate can in points (equivalent to yen) can be used to buy any other items in the store.

http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/w/catalog/detail.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=0010184239

Eh.. was in Tokyo till last sunday the 6th of May 2007. Shopping right up till the last moment too. But never see any 1D MKIII. Went to Yodobashi, BIC and all the rest of the smaller ones too like MAP and Fujiya. All dont have.

If I'm not wrong, its already available for a very small select group of CPS users;) but not for the general public yet:think:

just left hk 3 days ago and as of my last day there, there was no news of the 1dmk3 in any of the camera shops, and i'm quite sure i covered most of the big and smaller ones. Definitely not in TC, WS, UR, etc

It's actually on sale in Japan already. Plse see this Biccamera website. I was at Biccamera 2 years ago and bought my S80 compact there. I will be going for a holiday in June. May decide to get a D400 or 30D there.

Btw, the 1DmkIII price is 498000 Yen, with a 10% rebate if you are a member. You can get another 5% tax rebate if you are a visitor. Final price in Sin dollars is around $5300. You can join as a member on the spot and its free. The rebate can in points (equivalent to yen) can be used to buy any other items in the store.

http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/w/catalog/detail.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=0010184239
you cannot join member unless you are japanese national or working pass in japan.

I'm going to check it out in two weeks when I visit Tin Cheung and see if they really have it. They usually do otherwise they won't advertise.

do you know if the prices they have on the web is the same in the shops? or you can bargain even better prices in the shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.