190Pro Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceberg

Nov 20, 2002
West
berkyberg.blogspot.com
Hi
Wonder whether anyone has any comments on 190Pro? I'm planning to get one with 141RC head... for my Dynax 5... largest lens currently would be the 75-300mm (D) lens...
Thanks.

More then enough, but it is a bit short. If you're taller than 165cm you'll need to stoop a bit.

Manfrotto 190XXX will be one of the best buy you money can get.
(where XXX = watever the model name)
Coupled with a 141RC head, it will be a force to be reckon with. :D

I am 170+cm. The view finder of the camera is just nice at my height.

Manfrotto 055 might be better if the top of your head is more than 180cm above the ground when you stand upright.

It might be good to get a tripod strap with it.

YSLee said:
More then enough, but it is a bit short. If you're taller than 165cm you'll need to stoop a bit.

think u forgot to factor in the height of the head.. :D

regarding the strap... when i asked for quotation from CP... they say they don't sell it here... :confused:

iceberg said:
regarding the strap... when i asked for quotation from CP... they say they don't sell it here... :confused:

why not get the OPTech Tripod Strap? Selling for $30 at CP

Am using the 190Pro, the height is one factor you must consider if you're above 170, I'm above 170 but I still find that it's suitable for my usage with a ballhead attached.

Otherwise, the tripod + 141RC will be a really good combination for your setup.

The op/tech tripod strap is sold at CP for $30 :( but I think somewhere else is going for $20 :(

I am using the 190 + 141RC, find it is quite stiff to adjust tilt, just apply abit of grease or oil will do the job. But do not use rust remover like WD40, it will corrode the metal!!

mervlam said:
think u forgot to factor in the height of the head.. :D

And the height of the camera. :think:
Plus you'll probably bend forward when using the tripod. :D

I made my own strap, there zero cost$$. Just get a few strap and buckle from discarded sling bag and waist bag. They can be easily obtain as there are alot of discarded bags found at the void deck at the HDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.