19" LCD which one to buy


Status
Not open for further replies.

forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#1
At the IT show which one should I buy?

1. 19" Philip LCD Model:190BGCG at S$559

2. 19" ViewSonic Model:VA902 at S$419

It seems this price is only available at the IT Show 2006.
Any help will be appreciated regarding performance against
those from Samsung.
 

Pablo

Senior Member
Sep 1, 2004
1,854
0
0
Blue/Green Planet
#2
Hi forward,

I have just purchased an LG L1932S (tonight actually) price AUS $499.

It seems to be quite good. The software for setting it up is good.

I have not been home long and therefore not had much chance to check too much out.

But for the price it is not bad.

It is an 8ms one and it comes with 3 years warranty.

Might be worth a look and see if you can get one there.

Cheers :)
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#3
Am using the Samsung 940B. Got it at 599 from SLS. One of the best LCD screen in the market. Beats everything other screen in that price range :)
 

forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#4
Pablo said:
Hi forward,

I have just purchased an LG L1932S (tonight actually) price AUS $499.

It seems to be quite good. The software for setting it up is good.
Thanks Pablo for the quick response. At the IT Show 2006 there is one LG LCD Monitor L1950SQ-SN (Silver) going for S$488. The black model sells at the same price. Wonder what's the difference compared to the L1932S which cost AUS $499. What is the software that you have to set up before using the monitor?

Then at the Acer booth the 19" WXGA wide screen LCD monitor with 8ms response time, contrast ratio 500:1, brightness: 300cd/m with a resolution of 1400 x 900 is going for a song at S$399.
 

forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#5
Klose said:
Am using the Samsung 940B. Got it at 599 from SLS. One of the best LCD screen in the market. Beats everything other screen in that price range :)
Only saw the Samsung 920B at the IT Show 2006.
Wonder what is the difference between the two models?
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#7
forward said:
Only saw the Samsung 920B at the IT Show 2006.
Wonder what is the difference between the two models?
There's no 920B only 920N.

Brightness: 920N (250cd/m²) 940B (300cd/m²)
Interface: 920N (Analog) 940B (DVI & Analog)
 

duhduh83

New Member
Feb 2, 2006
494
0
0
#9
I think LG LCDs have the best design..... go for it.... cos most of the LCD specs should be the same.... so just get one that looks gd!!! :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom