19 JAN~ BIKINI BEACH PARTY PHOTOSHOOT! ~ WINIE <3 , KYLIE, AUDREY, PRISCILLA. $40 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have PM you on the 17 Jan to remove the model's photo as the copyrights belongs to me. You updated your thread once and again but chose to ignore and not even bother to reply.
What kind of organiser are you?

I like to join Concept35mm shoot or event. I believe they no need to use your photo to show people here. Maybe the photo was provided by models or maybe just happened to shoot in same angle. If you case about your copyrights, please put your signature in your photos. Thanks.

I have PM you on the 17 Jan to remove the model's photo as the copyrights belongs to me. You updated your thread once and again but chose to ignore and not even bother to reply.
What kind of organiser are you?

I am guessing that your name is Costa Yeo. Why do you want the organiser to delete your photo?

I am guessing that your name is Costa Yeo. Why do you want the organiser to delete your photo?

The photo was used without my permission. I have politely requested the organiser to remove, that was days before the shoot. In my good intention, I was hoping not to embarass him. However, good intention was only met with complete oblivious response. No removal, no words or apology, no statement of clarification, not even a reply. Is this what it has become of this photoshoot industry? The complete lack of manners?

The photo was used without my permission. I have politely requested the organiser to remove, that was days before the shoot. In my good intention, I was hoping not to embarass him. However, good intention was only met with complete oblivious response. No removal, no words or apology, no statement of clarification, not even a reply. Is this what it has become of this photoshoot industry? The complete lack of manners?

U can go ahead n report if it's really the case.

Report what?

Are you even getting the picture my friend? Organiser used photos with copyrights belonging to me. I sound it out gently and privately, buteo only with a non-response and continual blatant disregard and disrespect.

This has happened multiple times with organisers of photoshoots. But the responses by other organisers have been humble and they quickly apologized and have the photo/s concerned removed. And that is basics manners.

Report what?

Are you even getting the picture my friend? Organiser used photos with copyrights belonging to me. I sound it out gently and privately, buteo only with a non-response and continual blatant disregard and disrespect.

This has happened multiple times with organisers of photoshoots. But the responses by other organisers have been humble and they quickly apologized and have the photo/s concerned removed. And that is basics manners.

But this organizer did not remove?

Hi, just curious, which of those photos are yours? All of them? It might provide a better case for you if you could share the link to your original photo, be it from Flickr or FB or your own page.

Also, was the photos that u shot taken during a tfcd shoot? If it is, when you give a copy of the pictures to the model, the model has the copyright to the photos as well.

If it was a paid shoot and it is clear that u retain the sole rights to the photo, go ahead and report them.

Alternatively, if I were you, instead of PM-ing them to remove the photos, I would actually request them to give you full credit (putting your name and website etc) instead of just "credits to respective photographers", you get more exposure this way and u might get some business :)

You may also want to call or sms the number provided instead of PM, coz it may be a case they didn't check PM.

Cheers.

As you pointed out, you are 'just curious'. And I am not here to indulge anyone's curiosity. I hope you understand that. I did point out which photo that belongs to me to the organiser right from the start.

The issue has rise above just acknowledging the photographer or giving due credits. In addition to all that, the organiser totally ignored a photographer's rights and simply did not even bother to response. And continuing to use the mentioned photo with regards. That is unacceptable by any standard.

Aiyah ....live and let live .....it's just an xmm photo lah ............ :)

Live and let live, I thought so too. Which was why i did the following:

1. PM organiser privately. To save him the embarrassment without disturbing his profit making business. And allowing him a chance to clarify with me directly and personally.
2. Give him DAYS to respond. And even though he can update his thread without replying me, i continue to hold my cool until the very day of his shoot and allowed him to continue.
3. After the day of his photoshoot, he still did not acknowledge me at all. What choice am I left with? I then posted on his thread. Till now, he has created other photoshoot threads but completely ignored my posting even on his thread.

Is this the way a man behaves? What supposed to be a small matter or a minute copryright oversight has now been aggravated to a disrespectful act and melancholy attitude exhibited by this organiser.

Live and let live, I thought so too. Which was why i did the following:

1. PM organiser privately. To save him the embarrassment without disturbing his profit making business. And allowing him a chance to clarify with me directly and personally.
2. Give him DAYS to respond. And even though he can update his thread without replying me, i continue to hold my cool until the very day of his shoot and allowed him to continue.
3. After the day of his photoshoot, he still did not acknowledge me at all. What choice am I left with? I then posted on his thread. Till now, he has created other photoshoot threads but completely ignored my posting even on his thread.

Is this the way a man behaves? What supposed to be a small matter or a minute copryright oversight has now been aggravated to a disrespectful act and melancholy attitude exhibited by this organiser.

I'm curious, for the good of the photography community. Since circumstances have led to u to bring out this issue publicly, why not provide more information, so that we know exactly what's going on so as to avoid such issues. The thread is here to stay, so the longer they choose to ignore, the more they suffer in terms of reputation etc.

And my question/suggestion to u still remains. Did u sms or call them instead of just PM? One does not need to check PM to post or updated forum thread.

I would not want to digress the topic. The actual photo as no bearing whatsoever to the organiser's lack of respect to photographers. And by highlighting the photo, I am inevitably highlighting the model concern. She is new, and lets leave her out of the discussion. The issue has always, and is still is, revolve around the organiser and not which model it is. I believe no one will dispute this.

As for the issue on PM, it makes no sense for an organiser not to check pm when his primary business platform is through this forum. Secondly, the organiser does indeed knew about my request and chose to ignore it. This is evident when I posted up his thread subsequently and yet he ignored. I'm sure no sane person would agree that organiser do not even view their own thread which would be ridiculous to say the least.

Nonetheless I thank you for having a magnanimous heart to want to give this organiser a benefit of doubt that he didn't see the PM and also the post on his own thread after many Days.

Your comment also revealed your agreement implicitly and indirectly that the organiser should reply and response to my request when seeing it. Which is the exact issue I am very much disturb about - this complete disregard to photographers in this community by the organiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.