18 to 200 lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khowen

Jan 19, 2006
Hi all,

I was actually wondering if Tamron and Sigma 18 to 200mm as good as the one from Nikon (or at least close to it)? Went around to look for this Nikon 18 - 200 lens over the weekend but all the shops I asked don't have the stock. So I left my phone number with them and they said must wait at lest 1 to 2 months, sigh...

Anyone here owns Tamron or Sigma lens of this range? Can give some advice please?:(

It's still possible to get that lens...but if you wanna know where to get, then others can see oso, then when u going, they already buy liao.

Anyways, try Sim Lims...the shops should have and the price should be good, too.

This lens is definitely a good walkabout lens... :lovegrin: I'm eyeing also....
AFS_DX_VR18_200_image_L.jpg

Source: Nikon.com.sg

But comparing to the Tamron and Sigma focal length "equivalents", I not too sure if they have "VR equivalent"... :think:

Sigma has a new 18-200mm lens coming out with their own version of OS(optical stabiliser). You may want to consider that, as it will most probably be cheaper than the Nikon 18-200Vr.

Hi Youhong & Aaron, thanks.
After reading what Photographique wrote, I rushed down to Sim Lim straight after work. Checked with most of the shop there and to my disappointment, none have even one.
Sigh, so Bo Bian, I made a reservation at one shop there and paid a deposit. Now all I can do is wait for it to arrive lor:(

Hi Youhong & Aaron, thanks.
After reading what Photographique wrote, I rushed down to Sim Lim straight after work. Checked with most of the shop there and to my disappointment, none have even one.
Sigh, so Bo Bian, I made a reservation at one shop there and paid a deposit. Now all I can do is wait for it to arrive lor:(

you can go parkway parade the electronic store...i remembered i saw one last wed...

Sigma has a new 18-200mm lens coming out with their own version of OS(optical stabiliser). You may want to consider that, as it will most probably be cheaper than the Nikon 18-200Vr.

its still better to take nikkor one...

What is creep problem?

Thanks

it gets longer when held downwards due to the action of gravity. The consensus, though, seems to be that if you keep it at 18, it doesn't suffer from creep.

if you're shooting nikon, go get the 18-200 nikkor.

the sigma/tamron can be alright, but suffer more (i think) from sample variation, and don't have VR (and for 200mm VR is a good idea).

Lets wait and see. Who knows the Sigma one don't have creep problem :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

err...but sigma really dun have the sickening creeping problem...:lovegrin:

The Sigma lens has a lock at 18mm.

Further to my placing a deposit at Alan Photo in Sim Lim Square, I have finally received my 18 - 200mm VR lens today after an 18 days wait. So happy :vhappy:

Hi all,

I was actually wondering if Tamron and Sigma 18 to 200mm as good as the one from Nikon (or at least close to it)? Went around to look for this Nikon 18 - 200 lens over the weekend but all the shops I asked don't have the stock. So I left my phone number with them and they said must wait at lest 1 to 2 months, sigh...

Anyone here owns Tamron or Sigma lens of this range? Can give some advice please?:(

do a search in b&s frequently, and dun be particular about the 2nd-hand price as long as you can get a mint copy below S$1350.

Try getting it at Lords .They have ready stock but must be fast.Limited i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.