18 at last - Need driving learning tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
I had at least turned 18! I am kind of confused with driving schools and the procedures with learning to drive and the process of getting a driving license.

Is it possible that private driving school may advance at a faster rate, and fees and schedules are a concern to me, I am currently a student and thus I need the flexibility in time scheduling.

Will be great to have some help from bros here!

Go for driving school. Better have $2,000 ready.

Slivester said:
I had at least turned 18! I am kind of confused with driving schools and the procedures with learning to drive and the process of getting a driving license.

Is it possible that private driving school may advance at a faster rate, and fees and schedules are a concern to me, I am currently a student and thus I need the flexibility in time scheduling.

Hi Slivester,

nowadays, practical test booking will take 6 months for private students. For school , it will take around 3-4 months. And private students do not have priority booking in the circuit as the schools reserve for their own students first.

School are more structured but more expensive. However, i know alot of private students pass at their first test :)

Just have a friend came out from school in June this year, he spend $2.5 k , complete the whole thing + test in 5 months (1st test). The modules are completed within 4-5 weeks intensive and waiting period for practical test itself is almost 4 months. For private student, it will be around 6 months. Repeat test will be on waiting list for 2 months at least for school, for private , it will be longer waiting list.

IMHO , if you want fast, go to school. If you want cheaper (may or may not be true), go for private.

I think this year is the dragon babies (at 18) ... so maybe the wait might be longer :bsmilie:

Slivester said:

Happy 18. But I hope when u turn 21, no need to ask how to enter cinema showing RA movies :)

kitkat said:
Hi Slivester,

nowadays, practical test booking will take 6 months for private students. For school , it will take around 3-4 months. And private students do not have priority booking in the circuit as the schools reserve for their own students first.

School are more structured but more expensive. However, i know alot of private students pass at their first test :)

Just have a friend came out from school in June this year, he spend $2.5 k , complete the whole thing + test in 5 months (1st test). The modules are completed within 4-5 weeks intensive and waiting period for practical test itself is almost 4 months. For private student, it will be around 6 months. Repeat test will be on waiting list for 2 months at least for school, for private , it will be longer waiting list.

IMHO , if you want fast, go to school. If you want cheaper (may or may not be true), go for private.

I think this year is the dragon babies (at 18) ... so maybe the wait might be longer :bsmilie:

Hey thanks bro! Guess I will be going to a driving school then, if thats the case. Can't wait to get behind the wheels. Haha.

When i learned in 04 it took me about 5 months befor my TP test. I was a private student. I fialed the first time through my own fault and had to wait about 2 months for a re test. I finally passed in december :D Spent about $1.8k+ total. Most of it was funded by the NSF allowance =p. Private costs me about $24/h for normal lessons but circuit usage was more as the instructor has to pay BBDC to use it. Most of my parking/crank training was done in MSCP with the instructors own poles...

The one thing I like about private is that during the rest you use the instructors car. Since you have been driving it for so long you are usualy used to the handling and 'biting' point. very important for manual cars :) I fiannly got to remove my P plate last year but still havent touched manul for about 1.5 years now since most of the people i know drive auto.

my advice. study your BTT and FTT. go what school doesnt matter. go the one nearest your home.

no point talking so much when you havent even studied for your BTT or FTT.

u wan cheap. go school no nid wait too long.can OTOT also.

u wan OTOT.and like me can wait... take private instructor....no hurry also.

Alternatively, wait for ns and beg to be posted as a driver. SAF has it's own accelerated driving programme.

Scenario

Take test on monday, fail. Retake again on friday. fail. Try again on wednesday.... sure can pass one. :bsmilie:

Klose said:
Alternatively, wait for ns and beg to be posted as a driver. SAF has it's own accelerated driving programme.

Scenario

Take test on monday, fail. Retake again on friday. fail. Try again on wednesday.... sure can pass one. :bsmilie:

actually u take 11B and show the TP they will ask u "u army boy ?" den he will not tekan so much.....

my friend show his 11b. first time passed liao.... :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
actually u take 11B and show the TP they will ask u "u army boy ?" den he will not tekan so much.....

my friend show his 11b. first time passed liao.... :bsmilie:

Sure or not? Everyone that I have met, failed at least once because of the 11b.

Klose said:
Sure or not? Everyone that I have met, failed at least once because of the 11b.

wah.. i dunno leh... BBDC legend leh.... lol.... i see many pple use 11b there also... so how ? ahhaaahahaa...

aiyah.. best is.. at night at parents car.. go out "practice practice" around the area....

den sure swee swee when come to test one.... can park zhun zhun. turn swee swee.... no panic, no kan chiong spider and lizard.

and when raining dogs and cats, dinosaurs, mammals and reptiles also no worry. coz already used to it.. hahahahahahaha..

forgive me bad englishi.... my englishi teacher no goooda.. hOOOO~

i think its good to learn during NS. partly can use NS allowance to cover the fees. that's wat i did. took abt 6 months from registration at sch to passing TP (1st try).
i suggest u take school also. i spent about $2k for the lessons + TP and other misc fees. if you screw up the first TP then siao liao

i spend only $900+ as a private candidate, pass at first attempt

if u live around ubi .. can recommand u my instructor.
honda civic 3door - really easy to park :cool:

simon80 said:
i spend only $900+ as a private candidate, pass at first attempt

if u live around ubi .. can recommand u my instructor.
honda civic 3door - really easy to park :cool:

Wah you must be a natural :sweat: I was too kan ceong first test and mounted kerb :sticktong

maybe becos i got few yrs of road riding experiece
:)

glennyong said:
my advice. study your BTT and FTT. go what school doesnt matter. go the one nearest your home.

no point talking so much when you havent even studied for your BTT or FTT.

u wan cheap. go school no nid wait too long.can OTOT also.

u wan OTOT.and like me can wait... take private instructor....no hurry also.

you're still learning? i tot just a few days ago you posted a thread about getting into accident and how to take pictures? How come that thread was deleted a few hours later and now you say you're still learning? :think:

Anyway, there's no need to study for the BTT/FTT if you go to a driving centre. it will be spoon fed to you with a nicely compiled TYS for you to do until you'll surely pass the theory tests 1st attempt.

simon80 said:
maybe becos i got few yrs of road riding experiece
:)
my friend booked a private instructor and took only 1 practice session and took the TP test.
Total spent on instructor : <$100 :bsmilie:

He's been driving in SAF but not a driver by vocation so couldn't convert his license. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.