18-55mm kit lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Went to the Musical Fountain today using the kit lens. I'm quite happy with the results. For those interested to know about the kit lens, maybe you'll be able to see for yourself (flare & such)

Resized raw
day1.jpg

After PP
day1pp.jpg

Resized raw
day2.jpg

After PP
day2pp.jpg

Resized raw
070325&

After PP
day3pp.jpg

Banding issue of K10D (This happens a lot in long exposure, Pentax working on firmware to solve this)
banding.jpg

Banding issue almost not visable if there's sufficient light
night6.jpg

Some shorter long exposure shots (3s to 1.5s)

night1.jpg

night2.jpg

night3.jpg

night4.jpg

night5.jpg

wow, damn good shots, especially those at night scene, looks so stable and impressive.:thumbsup:

i also tried to shot the fountain at night with my kit lens, but then the results turned out to be :cry:

wow, damn good shots, especially those at night scene, looks so stable and impressive.:thumbsup:

i also tried to shot the fountain at night with my kit lens, but then the results turned out to be :cry:

shh don't tell ppl, but the night shots are PP:bsmilie: Night shots are easy when you get the shutter delay & aperature right. Then for PP you just need to adjust it to make it look dramatic. But the main problem with K10D is the bands:sticktong

This is how the original #2 night shot looks like;)

night2o.jpg

Very nice shots!

Haven't been there for some years. Would love to go and see it again someday :)

Thanks for sharing.

Very nice shots!

Haven't been there for some years. Would love to go and see it again someday :)

Thanks for sharing.

I doubt you'll have a chance if you miss today's show. They are closing it for IR.:cry:

Great photos!
what's the settings (Shutter/ISO/Apertue) that you used ?
your photos dont seem to have the vertial pattern noise I have when used in high ISO.

Great photos!
what's the settings (Shutter/ISO/Apertue) that you used ?
your photos dont seem to have the vertial pattern noise I have when used in high ISO.

I do get those banding noise
banding.jpg

Shutter = 6-1.5s (6 normally gets me bands just before it get totally dark)
The merlion shutter should be 10s

ISO 200

Aperture = 16-8 (High aperture also gets me bands)

No fix aperture, iso or shutter when you take these long exposure shots;)

the banding noise looks really bad!

the banding noise looks really bad!

Ya. That banding shots I'd posted is one of my fav. It's a drummerboy turning 360 in the center. I was lucky to shot it at the correct moment, and was really happy to see it on my LCD. But when I saw the banding noise, my heart sunk real low:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.